The kitchen sink has officially been thrown.

In an exclusive interview with The Brody File, Mike Huckabee calls out Ted Cruz as a flip flopper on his positions when it comes to immigration, Syrian refugees, ethanol and the role of the federal government when it comes to abortion and marriage. ““Do I want to vote for someone who has had a lot of different positions on every issue out there? They sound very convincing but constantly changes position,” Huckabee tells The Brody File from Cedar Rapids Iowa. Huckabee goes on to list his specific policy concerns with Cruz. Watch the video below along with the transcription.

It goes without saying that Huckabee hasn’t done as well in the polls in 2016 than he did in 2008 but the former winner of the Iowa Caucus wants evangelicals here in this state to understand something very important. “The reasons you supported me eight years ago, I’ve not changed one position. You don’t have video of me saying two different things. You don’t have video of me saying something different in Marshalltown Iowa than I said in Manhattan. If I said it in Washington, I said it in Waukee (Iowa)… I don’t have a lot of different opinions on these issues.”

As for whether or not Huckabee can surprise folks Monday night when the Iowa Caucus takes place, he says, “Iowa people are very independent. They don’t do what the New York media tell them what they’re going to do. They do what they choose to do. I still think we’re going to have a big surprise come February 1st." Huckabee has visited all 99 counties in Iowa and has done hundreds of events. Now he just needs the payoff.

MANDATORY COURTESY: CBN NEWS/THE BRODY FILE

Mike Huckabee: “Do I want to vote for someone who has had a lot of different positions on every issue out there? They sound very convincing but constantly changes position; immigration, Syrian refugees, ethanol, changed his position even on whether abortion is a state issue or a federal issue.

David Brody: “You’re referring to Ted Cruz on this?

Mike Huckabee: Yes. Ted is one of the people you mentioned has had some of the support of the folks that supported Santorum and me (Bob Vander Plaats). Here’s what I can tell those folks: the reasons you supported me eight years ago, I’ve not changed one position. You don’t have video of me saying two different things. You don’t have video of me saying something different in Marshalltown Iowa than I said in Manhattan. If I said it in Washington, I said it in Waukee (Iowa)… I don’t have a lot of different opinions on these issues that I believe are fundamental to the survival of our great republic. I’ve been thoroughly vetted, there’s no surprises and there’s also one thing they can be reassured of; I know absolutely I was born in Hope Arkansas and we have absolutely established that you are eligible to run for president if you were born in Hope Arkansas

Mike Huckabee: Iowa people are very independent. They don’t do what the New York media tell them what they’re going to do. They do what they choose to do. I still think we’re going to have a big surprise come February 1st.

Print     Email to a Friend    posted on Thursday, January 28, 2016 4:15 AM

# RE: Brody File Exclusive: Mike Huckabee Says Ted Cruz "Constantly Changes Positions" On Plenty Of Issues

Well while you're at it Huckabee, let's talk about Trumps NUMEROUS flip flops as early as last year. He was pro-abortion, now supposedly pro-life; was pro gay-marriage, gave enormous amounts of $$ to Clintons and their foundation, was pro-amnesty, now not... so we need to focus our attention on the man who seems to be in the lead. As it stands, Cruz is by far the most Conservative candidate we have - even more so than you, based on your few interviews you've given in the past.
Left by ChrisVaBeach on Jan 28, 2016 9:16 AM

How can CBN continue to push the lie that the state of Israel is the fulfillment of prophecy when it has been proven beyond all doubt that the Ashkenazi Jews have no ancestry in the Middle East. A genome study from Johns Hopkins on the Ashkenazi Jew has proven that the Ashkenazi are Turkish mixed with other Eastern Europeans. They are not the children of Abraham and that is a fact. Israel has sterilized Ethiopian women to prevent them from having children. For more than 2,000 years there was unanimous agreement among the Torah Jews that the establishment of Israel is against Biblical teaching so how can Pat and the crew at CBN continue to pander to the Zionist Jews? I really would like to know why. Do you get a break when you negotiate a new contract with the network that is owned by Zionist Jews?
Left by aubreyfarmer on Jan 28, 2016 10:02 AM

Huckabee's desperation to find relevance is kind of sad. It's time to bow out with some shred of dignity, Mike. Your implication that Cruz is somehow soft on abortion is offensive to anyone with an IQ over 50. Whether abortion is a state or federal issue depends on the context of the conversation. It's not flip-flopping when you look at that context. There are essentially two tactics available to conservatives to try to tackle this issue. One is to use the mechanisms of the federal government to protect the rights of the unborn by overturning Roe v. Wade at a national level. The other is to invoke the 10th amendment, throw the issue back to the states, and let the more conservative states begin breaking down the wall, one brick at a time. Either is a viable solution. There's no flip-flopping in a candidate whose ultimate goal is to end abortion and who is open to any tactical plan to get there.

We're not idiots, Mike. Nor are we children. We can read and think for ourselves.
Left by Scott M on Jan 28, 2016 10:04 AM

"I’ve not changed one position."

Which means Huckabee will balloon taxes the way he did as governor of Arkansas.
Left by Truth Detector on Jan 28, 2016 10:08 AM

Not changed 1 position Gov Huckabee? Please explain why you were so pro Common Core before, but are not now? BTW, Gov, just in the last couple of days, Rush Limbaugh said 'Cruz has not vacillated on his positions. In fact he retains the same positions he stated in the Texas GOP primaries.' Does Rush gain or lose from having a different position than you, Gov?
Left by deanbob on Jan 28, 2016 10:23 AM

Excuse me? Has he looked at Trumps flip flops on the same issues? Sorry Mike but your opinion is no longer needed.
Left by Riteaidbob on Jan 28, 2016 10:35 AM

Mike Huckabee is not one to talk about anyone flip-flopping. Huckabee was one of the chief proponents of Common Core and only changed his mind once he decided to run for president.

On 6-3-13 Huckabee in a letter to the OK State legislature wrote "These standards, known as Common Core State Standards, have been near and dear to my heart since I served as Governor of your neighboring state of Arkansas. And it’s disturbing to me there have been criticisms of these standards directed by other conservatives including the RNC. The truth of the matter is, these criticisms are short-sighted."

When people started criticizing Common Core Huckabee said that Common Core should be rebranded, but urged supporters "not to retreat".

Huckabee was one of the biggest supporters of Common Core and only changed his mind once he thought it would hurt his chances of being elected. Do an internet search on Huckabee and Common Core and you will see his massive flip-flop for political purposes.

Left by Joe_D on Jan 28, 2016 10:45 AM

As an evangelical, I'm sick of people throwing out veiled, unsubstantiated accusations at one of the best presidential candidates our country has had the good fortune to have running for office. I invested the time to find out the truth about Ted Cruz, and Huckabee should be saying these things about Trump, because in that case they are true. CBN should not report "opinion" without checking the facts or holding those they interview to a higher standard. That is of course, unless they have an agenda to promote candidates that truly DO have a record of supporting abortion, amnesty, single-payer government health plans, federal government involvement in our kids education, and out-of-control regulation - NONE of which is supported past or present by Ted Cruz. I'm done with Huckabee, Falwell, Palin, and CBN.
Left by FederalistTexan on Jan 28, 2016 11:13 AM

I really thought that Mike was better than this. How sad that he would not be truthful on this subject, just to get votes. This is what Trump does.
Left by Duffy on Jan 28, 2016 11:29 AM

The Huck is a fine guy but not Presidential nor are his views getting traction. So, he , a Christian , blasts Cruz, a Christian on so called policy flip flops. Yet after seeing Cruz on C-SPAN last night, one knew that Ted is the real deal: wit, brains, policy, doesn't need a prompter, and connects ala Reagan. Time for the Huck to go back to his Fox program.
Left by phillyfanatic on Jan 28, 2016 12:17 PM

No one cares what Mike Huckabee says. I didn't even think he was still in the race.
Left by nearboston on Jan 28, 2016 12:23 PM

Cruz isn't a real American.

He is a Cuban Immigrant from Socialist Canada.

Voting for him would be an act of treason against the Constitution.
Left by Vendicar Decarian on Jan 28, 2016 12:28 PM

Huckabee hasn't changed any positions because he's never held an accountable national position, as Cruz has, so ole Huck can make all sorts of claims followed by "and I've never changed my position!" Yeah, because you've never had to VOTE on these issues! You sat on FoxNews, strumming your guitar for the past number of years, making all sorts of claims and statements. Problem is, Huckabee is very much like Trump - a man without a VOTING record, which means his claims cannot be verified. Meanwhile, Cruz has a 97% rating on his voting record - I say again, his VOTING RECORD, which you can look up on Conservative Review dot com.
Left by Tuddy C on Jan 28, 2016 12:45 PM

Mr. Huckabee, I'm extremely disappointed to hear you attack Ted Cruz like this. If he had obvious waffles and flip flops on issues, that would be fair. But the things you are pointing out are not even close to that; it seems you are just interpreting them unfairly to support a turnout of voters for yourself. That, sir, to me stinks of blind ambition and suggests you are running your campaign according to the "worldly wisdom" denounced in James 3: 13-18.

Now about your attack ad on his "tithing"... you have no idea how much he gives in secret, which is the way Jesus told us to give. His financial giving to the church really is no concern of yours or ours. That is between himself and God AND it doesn't have anything to do with how effectively he will govern in a political position... he's not running for Pastor of a Church or even leader of a denomination, he's running for President of a nation. And though the President should be a godly man, issues of tithing are much to speculat
Left by Joe Radler on Jan 28, 2016 12:45 PM

Cruz is the best choice!
Left by josetoyou on Jan 28, 2016 1:07 PM

Huck's a great guy whom I respect greatly -- rock-solid in his expressed opinions, positions, and proposals. I want to urge Huck to consider one major element of my considerations as a voter in determining for whom I will vote. That is, I seriously discount any campaign that puts forth a proposition that goes something like, "Vote for me because my opponent is an idiot." In other words, I give no credence to one candidate disparaging another and insist on a candidate clearly articulating their positions on issues. I as a voter am able to differentiate among multiple candidates by what comes out of each of their mouths and what each has accomplished in the past. Huck, you're a great guy ... please focus on strengthening the dissemination of your great positions ... drop the negative stuff. Thanks!
Left by Lee on Jan 28, 2016 1:10 PM

Huckabee, you do your country a disservice for going after the only true conservative that has a shot.

I've left the broken down Huckabee train long ago, much to my chagrin.

Go Cruz.
Left by ScottyC on Jan 28, 2016 1:45 PM

I'm a born again Christian. In fact, I have been a guest on the 700 Club.

Mike Huckabee likes to throw around accusations without backing them up with facts. Notice that he did not cite a single instance of Cruz having flip-flopped. Not one.

Oh, it sounds great to say he did, but where is the proof, Mike?
Left by JackThompson on Jan 28, 2016 1:59 PM