The Brody File has obtained an exclusive advanced copy of Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal’s graduation speech that he will give at the influential evangelical Liberty University this weekend.

And let me tell you something: this speech is so full of evangelical truth and heart that if Jindal decides to run for president of the United States in 2016, he might want to think of bringing a copy of this with him to Iowa and South Carolina. He would be a big hit.

The speech focuses in on how religious liberty and people of faith are under attack in today’s culture but here are a few excerpts that caught The Brody File’s attention, including where he talks about accepting Jesus Christ as the MOST IMPORTANT event in his life.

Gov. Jindal: “I could tell you a lot of amusing stories about my folks adjusting to life in America, but I want to fast forward to the most significant thing that has ever happened to me, and it happened when I was a child.  A friend I knew gave me a rather odd Christmas present, he gave me a Bible.

Some time later, a girl I knew invited me to church. Here I was, looking for a date, and meanwhile she was looking to save my soul.  I found the Gospel message intriguing, but I was skeptical. I’m an analytical sort of person, so I decided I would have to investigate all these fanciful claims. So I started reading this Bible, often times in my closet, as I wasn’t sure how my parents would respond.

The short story is this, I read the words of Jesus Christ and I realized that they were true. I used to think that I had found God, but I believe it is more accurate to say that He found me. And it happened because people were brave enough to plant seeds of the Gospel in my life.

Many years later, when I became a candidate for political office, in one of my first debates, I got the question– “What is the single most important moment in your life?”

I had just endured countless hours of debate prep sessions with my political consultants and staff. That’s where you sit around and get savagely grilled by people you pay – your political consultants and staffers. I knew exactly what they hoped I would say – they would argue that I should try to appeal to female voters by offering a touching story about when I asked my wife Supriya for her hand in marriage, or about the birth of my first child.  And yes, those were great moments.

But instead, I decided to do something new in politics, I told the audience the truth -- that the most significant moment of my life was when I turned it over to Jesus Christ and acknowledged Him as my Savior.

My political consultants then began shifting uncomfortably in their seats…and I have to admit I enjoyed that.

I thought of Matthew 10:33 which says -- "whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is iwdn heaven.”  And of Romans 1:16 which says – ‘For I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes…’”

There’s another excerpt that I found fascinating, one in which he talks about how believing in Jesus is NOT FOR DUMMIES. Remember, Jindal is a Rhodes Scholar. He is as smart as they come and he accepted Jesus.

Take a look at this excerpt:

Gov. Jindal: “It is said that College is an intellectual pursuit, involving reason and logic. I went to Brown University in the Ivy League, a place that prides itself in intellectual reasoning. One of the good things about going to Brown is that I was able to become the President of the College Republicans on campus almost immediately. The other Republican student at Brown was the Vice President.

Some kids go off to college and lose their way, they become convinced that their faith is not an intellectual pursuit.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Reason and logic lead to truth…which means that reason and logic lead to God.

There is a general view among many of the elites in America that truly enlightened folks realize that all this faith and religion stuff is just quaint and antiquated thinking from an earlier era.  Or that it is a nice restful place for those who are not as bright or as intellectually curious as they are.

Again, nothing could be further from the truth. True intellectual curiosity will inevitably lead to an understanding of the Creator.

I always noticed examples of this elitist view of faith when national political reporters, usually from places like Boston, New York, or Washington, would come down to Baton Rouge to interview me in my first years as Governor.

Inevitably during these interviews they say something like this – “you are a smart guy, we know you went to Brown and were a Rhodes Scholar, so tell me, how is it that you call yourself pro-life, and you say that you oppose gay marriage, and you say that you oppose gun control? You just say that stuff to get elected in the Deep South right?”

So of course, l liked to have a little fun with it, so I would lean over the desk, and in hushed tones, pretending to confide in him or her, I would say – well…just between us, do me a favor, go tell your editors the bad news, tell them that I absolutely believe everything I say. As you can imagine, those interviews ended rather abruptly.”

Folks, if Jindal gets into the race he could occupy a unique space within the potential GOP field. He can relate to evangelicals with his story, he’s uber-smart so he’s respected in that regard, his ethnicity gives him an opening to those who may be skeptical of the inclusion within the Republican Party and as governor he has a proven conservative track record.

The big outstanding question is the obvious intangible aspect, which is whether he can package it all and communicate it effectively so people will forge a connection with him. That’s the key. He sure will forge a connection among evangelicals with a speech like this.

Print     Email to a Friend    posted on Friday, May 09, 2014 9:41 AM

# RE: Exclusive: Governor Jindal Tells Liberty Graduates: Accepting Jesus Most Important Moment in His Life

It is both reassuring and heartwarming to know that imaginary friends are so important to the leaders of our country.
Left by JesusSucks on May 09, 2014 11:09 AM

If God is his leader and mentor for all that Mr. Jindal stands, then he has no worries and just needs to continue the following he is stating.

While I admire him for his positions he will be an obvious target for those that want nothing more than to discredit all of Christian and spiritual affiliations with our Lord.

He as all of us need to pray for every spiritual leader and soldier for our Lord. My most favorite saying (and I hope it is not necessary to debate the origin as it is not important) but it is the example of Governor Jindal, is a credited saying from / to Francis of Assisi .."Pray and when necessary use words"...

We all must do what we can to set the example for others, good for Governor Jindal, he is a walking prayer by example.
Left by James on May 09, 2014 12:52 PM

Absolutely correct!!!! Praise God!!!
Left by olderbutwiser3 on May 09, 2014 2:03 PM

I am a member of the Baton Rouge community with my wife and two boys. I can confirm Governor Jindal is a good man. Please, keep an open mind to his politics. In the partisan political climate we have today, no one can deliver on all of our individual ideas and beliefs. How nice would it be to have a man represting us who is a good guy, wanting the best for his family, his neighbors and fellow citizens.

Everything seems so complicated lately. I just want a happy existence for me, my family and everyone around me. I want my boys to have a bright future.

I believe a man like Governor Gindal, a man with character, would be a good leader and role model. Just give the gentleman a fair hearing.
Left by Chris Deslatte on May 09, 2014 2:30 PM

Jindal is a Moozlim, worse than Obummer. "Be ye not seduced by the wolf that preacheth in the wool of the sheep." Galatians 2:15
Left by UncleJethro on May 09, 2014 2:36 PM

I love Bobby Jindhal as a politician. However, please convey to him that I abhor his timidity. His quotation of Rom 1:16a is pretty typical of you politically correct Gentiles. I'm waiting for those among you who have something to lose to complete the recitation of that verse.

If you don't know the entirety of Rom 1:16 look it up and you'll see what I mean.
Left by Benyomin Ellegant on May 09, 2014 3:18 PM

The story speaks for itself .. NICELY DONE
Left by Moment Of Faith on May 09, 2014 3:33 PM

Roman Catholic. There are many Christians in the RC but the pope and his Roman Church are not Christian.
Left by Klink on May 09, 2014 3:52 PM

Jesus one of the greatest Jews ever to live.
Jesus was a moderator of the Jewish religion
Jesus was never a christen and never said he was.
HE WAS A JEW
Left by hope on May 09, 2014 4:00 PM

where is my comment
Left by hope on May 09, 2014 4:08 PM

Jesus was a JEW and never wanted to be a christen
He wanted to moderate the Jewish Religion only
Left by hope on May 09, 2014 4:25 PM

Please PLEASE Mr. Jindal, throw your hat in the ring for president of this great nation! This country needs you!
Left by drewynp on May 09, 2014 5:42 PM

I have admired Governor Jindal for a while and believe he would be a great candidate for president. He has it all!
Left by Jean Elizabeth on May 10, 2014 3:51 PM

So what these reporters are saying is that you have to be an intellectual to be in office. Well, tell me this we have one in the office of the President now and look at the mess the country is in?
Left by KellieC on May 10, 2014 6:03 PM

The problem is this is the wrong way to judge a political candidate. We should not support a candidate based on a profession to be a Christian regardless of how sincere it might be.
The more important questions are do they have a clear Christian worldview and does their record match their talk?
And specific for our nation - do they understand the ways of the Founding Fathers and embrace the true meaning of our Constitution and the Republic?
Also, look for strong character - above all else humility which is desperately needed to withstand the temptations of power.

Being awed by a profession of Christianity by a candidate is foolish and sets you up to be deceived. Bush Jr. professed to be a Christian but did not governor from a Christian worldview. For instance - Bush Jr. pushed for and got increasing funding to Planned Parenthood every year he was President. And as he left office he admitted he believed in evolution, rejected creationism and he rejected the inerrancy of scripture.
Left by Johnny on May 11, 2014 12:39 PM

As a Republican and Christian my beliefs are the same as Governor Jindal. I think we need new faces in the Republican race. There are good people who have run before, but I believe they divide the vote and we lose because other not as well known candidates don't get a chance for us to know them better. I am hoping this won't happen this upcoming vote. A lot of good younger candidates are out there and are strong advocates just like Governor Jindal. I hope he runs as the little I have seen of him is very promising.

Good article. Thank you!
Left by Bybee on May 11, 2014 4:43 PM

unfortunately most of us cannot believe most of what we are told. Once person gets into office, especially as president, that is when the lies kick in. c3Wh
Left by Anonymous on May 12, 2014 4:08 PM

GO Governor Jindal! He has my vote for either Republican or Tea Party nomination for President. May God hear the prayers of His saints for a righteous ruler for our beautiful America.
Left by Anonymous on May 12, 2014 9:37 PM

Maybe he should run for president.
Left by Betty on May 12, 2014 10:26 PM

As a blatant homosexual black man living in California, I have to say this story was inspiring. It has given me a tranquility and peace in my heart that I haven't felt since before my first gay interracial experience.
Left by ADMIN on May 15, 2014 1:01 AM

Thanks it's good to learn more about you- I'm glad you found JESUS-the way, the truth and the life-our nation needs a great awaking -we're part of it-Have the best year yet in JESUS! HIS for life,Earlene
Left by earlene on May 16, 2014 11:18 PM