Friday, June 14, 2013

Exclusive: Jeb Bush Calls Hillary "Formidable Force On The Left"

In an exclusive sit-down interview with The Brody File, Jeb Bush says that, “Hillary Clinton is a formidable force on the left.”

The full story on Jeb Bush runs Monday on The 700 Club.

View more clips from the Jeb Bush interview here.

Courtesy: CBN News/The Brody File

Jeb Bush: “Hillary Clinton is a formidable force on the left. I wouldn’t discount her ability to make a difference and certainly she will be the frontrunner if she decides to run for president.”

posted @ Friday, June 14, 2013 5:34 PM | Feedback (33)

Exclusive: Jeb Bush On Ted Cruz

In an exclusive sit-down interview with The Brody File, Jeb Bush took a slightly veiled shot at Senator Ted Cruz today when he said the following: “He's very articulate.  He was a great candidate and he's starting out here.  He's deciding right now, I think, what path he wants to take.  I'm for solutions. To me, being able to use your skills to solve problems should be the focus for everybody in elected office today because our systems are broken. They're not working and to point out the fact that they're broken is one thing.  To actually find creative solutions in a divided country to solve them is what we ought to be focused on.”

The full story on Jeb Bush runs Monday on The 700 Club.

Courtesy: CBN News/The Brody File

Jeb Bush: "He's very articulate.  He was a great candidate and he's starting out here.  He's deciding right now, I think, what path he wants to take.  I'm for solutions. To me, being able to use your skills to solve problems should be the focus for everybody in elected office today because our systems are broken. They're not working and to point out the fact that they're broken is one thing.  To actually find creative solutions in a divided country to solve them is what we ought to be focused on. So Senator Cruz is gifted and he can play a constructive role in that regard."

posted @ Friday, June 14, 2013 5:28 PM | Feedback (2)

Exclusive: Jeb Bush Begins To Lay Out Case For President

In an exclusive sit-down interview with The Brody File, Jeb Bush began to sketch out his case for President of the United States if he decides to run next year. “It will be based on my record. And that record was one of solving problems from completely from a conservative perspective.  I cut taxes every year, I shrunk the size of government,” Jeb Bush tells The Brody File. And as for his critics who say he’s too mainstream establishment he offers this: “I will be able to, I think, manage my way through all the chirpers out there.”

The full story on Jeb Bush airs Monday on The 700 Club.

Courtesy: CBN News/The Brody File

David Brody: "I am going to be the only person that ever doesn't ask you about 2016.  I'm not, going to ask you that because everybody does. I am curious though about... (BUSH laugh and says, "You are going to get to that question.") I do have a question though about some of the critics who say, 'If someone like Jeb Bush did run, that he would be this mainstream Republican candidate who wouldn't appeal to the base of the party. You hear, you read, it's on the internet, it's got to be true!  I mean, what do you say to those critics that say, 'Hey wait that's too mainstream.'"

Jeb Bush: "Look, if I decide to run for office again, it will be based on what I believe and it will be based on my record.  And that record was one of solving problems completely from a conservative perspective.  I cut taxes every year, I shrunk the size of government, we reformed the things that were broken. Our Medicaid program was broken, we reformed it. Our education system was a complete disaster, we created a great business climate that made Florida a place to do business and for families to prosper.  I acted on my core beliefs on social issues as governor.  I will be able to, I think, manage my way through all the chirpers out there."

posted @ Friday, June 14, 2013 5:13 PM | Feedback (4)

Jeb Bush Exclusive: Catholic Faith Informs Views on Abortion

In an exclusive sit-down interview with The Brody File, Jeb Bush says his Catholic faith enlightens his views especially when it comes to abortion. ‘It informs me about the questions of the dignity of life more than anything else.  I think life is precious from beginning to end.”

Courtesy: CBN News/The Brody File

David Brody: “How has your faith, your Catholic faith shaped your, if not public policy, how has it informed your views as it relates to things like Medicare and budget cuts, and I know the Democrats love to beat up on Republicans and Paul Ryan and all that.  Tell me about that.”

Jeb Bush: “My faith informs; when I was governor, it gave me strength, it gave me serenity to make really tough decisions in public life.  Sometimes you're confronted with things you never could have imagined.  It guided me in many ways and the power of prayer was hugely important in my life.  And so, it informs me about the questions of the dignity of life more than anything else.  I think life is precious from beginning to end.  One of the great challenges our country is going to face is end of life issues. I worry about casting aside people because they're not productive or they don't fit the criteria of what someone decides outside of a family structure is important.  And I worry about issues where babies are aborted.  I mean, the question of life itself is something that goes way beyond politics to me.  And so, I worry about people that truly need help:  the developmentally disabled.  Those families that struggle with people through no fault of their own, that they need help and assistance for.  Ideally, that comes from family, it comes from church, it comes from community-based organizations, but they should be in the front of the line for government.  Able-bodied people that can take care of themselves should be further back in the line than people that need the help.  And this is all, in many ways, guided by the faith that I have.”

posted @ Friday, June 14, 2013 4:56 PM | Feedback (0)

Brody File Exclusive: Jeb Bush Says "Traditional Families" Will Lead America's Renewal

In an exclusive sit-down interview with The Brody File, Jeb Bush affirmed his personal belief in traditional marriage and went on to say that, “traditional families are what are going to end up leading our renewal.” He also says that he when it comes to issues that divide the GOP (like, for example gay rights), he has no interest in getting bogged down in those.

We sat down with Jeb Bush Friday morning at the Faith and Freedom Coalition event in DC. If Jeb Bush decides to run for president, he will most likely be considered the frontrunner for the GOP nomination. However, there’s plenty of room to run to Bush’s right on some issues. Someone will take up that space. Actually, plenty will fight over it.

Courtesy: CBN News/The Brody File

David Brody:  “A couple buzz words that you mentioned, one in a speech, the non-traditional family and you mentioned the word inclusive.  You know, evangelicals hear those words and go, 'Oh my goodness: gay marriage and the train has left the station.'  How do you navigate the gay rights issue?”

Jeb Bush: “First of all, just the terms I used were related to the fact  that if you wander around America today, there are a lot of grandmother's taking care of kids, there are a lot of single dads that are doing the work, there's a lot, a lot, a lot of single moms, and so, the non-traditional family that I was speaking of is the struggle in the great majority  part of our society where families are really struggling to be able to do what's right.  And they don't have the infrastructure of love around them that makes it harder to be successful.  And that to me is the bigger issue than the issues of gay rights and other things.  I think, look, I think we can be respectful, we can be compassionate, we can talk about this in non-judgmental terms.  But ultimately, for our country's success, traditional families are what are going to end up leading our renewal, that moms and dads or husbands and wives that love their children with all their heart and soul is going to be the path to restoration for our country.”

David Brody:  “Just so I understand, as it relates to gay rights, gay adoption and all of this type of stuff.  Where are you on this? President Obama has evolved over the years.  We see the polls shifting with millennials.

Jeb Bush: “There's been huge change in culture.  My own personal views are I believe in traditional marriage, but I would emphasize in the public square, the need to restore our country's greatness through prosperity and through reform and through a recognition of the strength of family, in general, and the more we get into the fights that divide us, the less likely it is that we will be governing again.  And this country needs conservative leadership in positions of importance at every level.  Without it, we will have an ever-encroaching government, we'll have slow economic growth, people will begin to realize or think, at least, that economic anxiety is what drives their motivation and they'll accept more and more government and our country will have been permanently changed.

posted @ Friday, June 14, 2013 2:51 PM | Feedback (2)

Exclusive: Jeb Bush To Brody File: GOP Must Be More "Inclusive"

In an exclusive sit-down interview with The Brody File, Jeb Bush says the Republican Party must be more “inclusive” and can do so by changing the language it uses. He says you can be inclusive but, “not abandon principle.”

We sat down with Jeb Bush Friday morning at the Faith and Freedom Coalition event in DC. If Jeb Bush decides to run for president, he will most likely be considered the frontrunner for the GOP nomination. However, expect a bunch of push back from constitutional conservatives within the party who will argue that Jeb Bush is too moderate. Yet you can make the argument that a characteristic like that might be his biggest selling point in a national election. Haven’t we been down this road before with Mitt Romney? Where have I heard this conversation?

A full story on Jeb Bush airs this Monday on The 700 Club.

Courtesy: CBN News/The Brody File

David Brody:  “The state of the Republican Party, a lot of people have a lot of opinions about it.  Where do you see evangelicals' role in all of this?  Because really, there is somewhat of a fight for the soul of the Republican Party.  Many evangelicals feel the culture is not where it needs to be and it's going down pretty quickly.”

Jeb Bush: “I think we could focus on all our disparate parts, all of the points of disagreement that conservatives have and never win again.  My general thought is that the focus ought to be on how you get fifty plus one.  Not how you win amongst forty-five.  And that's kind of where we are where everybody has a view that's slightly different than one another and certainly social conservatives are a huge part of a winning coalition which means that we have to change our language to be inclusive but not abandon principle and that's not as hard, I think, as people make it out to be.”

posted @ Friday, June 14, 2013 2:32 PM | Feedback (1)

The Brody File Show | Marco Rubio: Man on a Mission

The Brody File has an exclusive sit-down interview with Florida Sen. Marco Rubio this week about immigration and presidential politics.

Also, we take a look at the hidden taxes inside Obamacare.

Plus, should Christians not consume Starbucks coffee?

posted @ Friday, June 14, 2013 11:23 AM | Feedback (0)