The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

This is NOT your father’s Boy Scouts. The gay agenda wins out again.

The Boy Scouts of America will never be the same. Some will say the organization’s decision to allow self-identified gay youth to join the Boy Scouts is a good thing. Others believe it is the beginning of the end of Boy Scouts. What is for certain is that homosexual activists have succeeded once again. They are determined. They don’t give up. They have taken the first step in reshaping the Boy Scouts of America into ostensibly a pro-gay rights organization. Are we seeing the first signs of a new organization called, "The Boy Scouts of Gay America?"

Why do I say that? Look, we all know the next move here. Ultimately there will be gay Boy Scout leaders. Gay youth coupled with gay scout leaders is eventually going to lead to programs and merit badges aimed at satisfying the homosexual community. Maybe you can earn the “Diversity” merit badge? How about the “Inclusion” merit badge?  Or how about a new “Homosexuality” merit badge (whatever that might entail)? Don’t believe me? You might want to check out the already formed National Gay Eagle Scout Association to give you a sense of where this is going. Or how about you stop by the Inclusive Scouting Network store to buy your already for sale “Inclusive Scouting Awards, pins and badges. I’m not making this stuff up. It’s already happening. Do you think all of this is going to increase attendance in the Boy Scouts or decimate it?

This may be the beginning of the end for the Boy Scouts. Already we are seeing an effort to start a new type of Boy Scouts organization. A group called, “On My Honor,” made up of concerned parents and scout leaders who are against inclusion of gays into the Boy Scouts is going to meet privately next month in Louisville, Kentucky where they will discuss creating a, “new character development organization for boys.”

Look, let me give you a little clue into how many conservative Christian parents feel right about now. I know this may be tough to read but it is what it is. I have two sons who are both Eagle Scouts, so as a dad who has been on plenty of campouts I know a thing or two about the Boy Scouts. Folks, here’s the dirty little secret that nobody wants to talk about: The reason this is a problem for so many evangelical Christians is that (NEWS FLASH!) homosexuality means men are attracted to other men. Boys are attracted to other boys. Not emotionally attracted as much as physically attracted. When you’re on overnight campouts or at sleep away camp, this aspect is going to make some heterosexual boys and dads feel a bit uncomfortable. Sorry, I know some people will say that’s homophobic but it’s not. It’s just the plain truth. Adding gay children into the mix makes everything a bit more complicated and uncomfortable for many.

You know, it seems all the talk is about how the Boy Scouts need to be inclusive of gay scouts. Well wait a minute! What about being sensitive to the fact that heterosexual scouts very well might feel uncomfortable? Nobody ever talks about that. This fact alone will have many parents pulling their kids out of Boy Scouts.

Look, I’m all for EVERY child being involved in scouts. It’s a great organization. BUT let’s be honest. Including openly gay scouts will invariably lead to some sort of homosexual rights agenda. They cannot be separated. If we’ve learned one thing about gay rights activists it is that they are pushy and aggressive. They don’t just stop at inclusion. They want to control the agenda.

I’m sure many people will say that this is a new day in America and that conservative Christians have to get with the program and stop living in their insular conservative 1950’s Bible world. And I’m sure those same people will say that if the homophobic Christians don’t like the new policy then good riddance! Well you know what? Plenty of conservative Christians are about to say adios to the Boy Scouts and it could very well leave one of America’s most cherished organizations wondering what in the world they have just done.

Print     Email to a Friend    posted on Friday, May 24, 2013 2:46 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

The problem is not that these boys should be included,there have always been homosexual boys in Scouts,the problem is by voting for the behavior is making it acceptable. So where they were in scouts always,they had to very careful on who they placed their attentions,now by approving this sin,they no longer will.,and I believe Mr.Brody is quite correct about the direction and all the subsequent behaviors to follow suit. Please pray for all those trapped by the devil in this sin,to be saved and learn who they are in Christ,who is the healer of all sin and can deliver them even in this,and pray for leaders everywhere to read the Word of God.
Left by JAN on May 24, 2013 6:40 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

How disgusting to impose sexuality into an organization that fosters preparedness and manly independence in boys. Baden-Powell would be turning in his grave.
Left by Deborah on May 24, 2013 9:27 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

My dad was a boy scouts leader, for my brother and other youths who went on to become eagle scouts, and he also led out church. I know if my dad were here today he would withdraw from leadership and support of the boy scouts for their departure from biblical truth and morality that was fundamental in teaching boys to become men of honor in their homes and communities. Boy scouts leaders in voting to adopt the homosexual agenda have become examples of what it is like to sell out to worldly trends rather than to stand up for what is right regarding homosexual behavior according to Jewish and Christian and Islamic beliefs, and even beliefs of pagan cultures that have always understoodm the marriage un ion to be only between a man and a woman. The ve ry least Bible believing UcBB Christians can do in response to this is to remove our children from such an organization; create an organization that is Christian in its place; and boycot all organizations that support in any way Boy Scou
Left by Donna on May 24, 2013 10:43 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

Great Article David . If your called a homophobe for telling the truth thats pathetic Its how they control ppl its pc and they are bully's thats how they push their agenda and the boys will be bullied in this same way. Isnt it absurd that we're even talking abt the sexual activity of boys/children? these are children. Even the teens are still not adults. And yes your asking these young boys to sleep with and shower with other boys who are admittedly sexually active and admittedly attracted to other boys of course they be uncomfortable and preyed open. This is wrong and I hope there will be a mass exidous from this organization. Its unfortunate but This is not just because of the pressure on the boy scouts but it shows bad leadership and hideous judgement by the leaders of the B scouts. That will also translate down to the boys them selves they are looking for real leaders.
Left by kelly on May 25, 2013 12:55 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

Time to leave and start our own scouting program since the BSA has fallen. We don't need our sons falling prey to homosexual scouts. I would not trust my children to go on overnight camp outs. A little leaven leavens the whole lump.
Left by KellieC on May 25, 2013 7:45 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

Disgusting Boy Scout Leaders just opened the door to perversion an animalistic contact between male to all the boys in USA they have not only failed they have just joined the enemy of good healthy training helping boys become Men. Now they will be a breeding ground to turn boys into perverted homosexuals. To self proclaimed homosexual pedophiles this is a dream come true. And all that just voted for this just helped them.
Left by JESUS is the only answere on May 26, 2013 6:03 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

Our Troop has already decided to pull out. We will not be forced to accept the gay lifestyle or have to explain to our sons just what it is they do to become gay. Our church will not conform so the Pack and Troop will be disbanded. That's about 50 boys and their families right there. Why do they have to force their lifestyle on everyone and when is the rest of America gonna get tired of this? Your right in saying we will be uncomfortable, and why do I have to go to more training to learn how to handle them when I totally disagree with that type of life style? I have been called all kinds of names for my opinion but it still wont make me accept what they do and what they are trying to force me to accept.
Left by bigr4rebel on May 26, 2013 10:08 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

Currently in the military, ever since Obama allowed homosexual men and lesbian women to serve openly in the military, the rape and sexual assault rate has skyrocketed, with over 50% of these crimes being against other men! -- Is this what is meant by ‘Equal Rights”?
Web search parameters: ‘Military rape sexual violence assault rate men’
This is a quote from: http://www.towleroad.com/2013/05/sexual-assault-in-the-military-women-and-men-gay-and-straight.html This is a site whose own logo says “A site with homosexual tendencies”
According to the military's own report, the number of service members anonymously reporting a sexual assault jumped more than 30% in the past two years. In 2012, more than 26,000 troops reported experiencing "unwanted sexual contact," a significant jump from the 19,300 who reported such victimization in 2010. What's more, 10,700 of the 19,300 victims in 2010 were men.
Left by No Flames in Tents! on May 26, 2013 10:38 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

Homosexual behavior is so healthy!
Here is a list of diseases found with extraordinary frequency among male homosexual practitioners as a result of anal intercourse:
Anal Cancer, Chlamydia trachomatis, Cryptosporidium, Giardia lamblia, Herpes simplex virus, Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), Human papilloma virus, Isospora belli, Microsporidia, Gonorrhea, Viral hepatitis types B & C, Syphilis.
Ban sodas in school because it is unhealthy, then promote sodomy!
Left by No Flames in Tents! on May 26, 2013 10:43 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

Hello to you and your readers,

I look at the Boy Scouts of America policy revsion: I see no endorsement of sexual conduct nor of associated activism. Words are important--avoid presumptions.

The link to inclusivescouting.org shows a sticker which may be taken as an implication (ironically, either of two ways), but I do not see a notice nor approval by the BSA.

I recommend that people listen to the message (all of it, with parents and guidance) at http://www.mcleanbible.org/sermons#
for date 5/19/2013 titled 'Genesis, part 47 - Homosexuality'

Also, please read the BSA policy clarification http://www.scouting.org/sitecore/content/MembershipStandards/Resolution/FAQ.aspx

The part of the audio message on 'stage 3' at my second listening reminded me of the potential changes under consideration in the *Federal* Communications Commision's TV broadcast (over the Public's airwaves) indecency policy: see https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200641379711357

Thank you.
Left by juxtaposer on May 27, 2013 1:11 AM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

A Diversity badge? Inclusion Badge? What great ideas!!!!
Left by Patrick on May 27, 2013 5:03 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

Exactly right! Thank you for stating it so well.
Left by Carolyn Forte on May 27, 2013 6:41 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

I’m Gay and I was in the Boy Scouts. My troop was sponsored by St. Raphael’s Catholic Church in Potomac, Maryland. Admittedly this was back in the late 1960s to early 1970s, when the modern Gay rights movement was in its infancy, and the prospect of Gay youth “coming out” was unthinkable. But the fact remains that my sexual orientation was irrelevant to scouting activities, and I imagine the same went for the majority of boys who were Straight (i.e. heterosexual). The official Boy Scout Handbook was not heterocentric. The issue of sexual orientation, one way or another, was simply irrelevant.

Gay boys and men have always participated in the BSA and always will, regardless of the official policy. I’m just glad the when boys in the scouts start coming to grips with a different sexual orientation (usually while in their early teens), they will not be kicked out when they need that social support structure the most.
Left by Chuck Anziulewicz on May 28, 2013 9:08 AM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

Let's get started on a new scouting organization that is true to the original mission of the BSA. We can call it American Scouts or U.S. Boy Scouts or something. The BSA will unravel, so let's move forward!
Left by Troop 3 ASM on May 28, 2013 2:29 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

It's very disappointing to read read comments from another brother in Christ showing hostility towards fellow believers who believe all boys should be welcome to participate in Boy Scouts.

This is not some radical policy; it's simply about not being mean and discriminatory. Are you suggesting that our churches should stop people at the door so we can ban gay people from worship. Or should our youth groups post signs that say, gay youth are not welcome.

We're better than this.
Grace and peace,
Karl
Left by karlkroger on May 28, 2013 5:29 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

Why don't the Gay people start their own organizations instead of pushing in on current programs designed for non-gays?
I say shame on America for caving to immoral behavior we all know is really perversion. We sure have gotten off the straight & narrow road. God forgive America!
Left by maddie maire on May 28, 2013 6:45 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

This is exactly why my husband and myself have come to the painful and difficult decision to pull from the scouting organization that we have loved so dearly through all these years. I literally married into a scouting family...three sons, all eagles and their Dad is still to this day a Cubmaster. I wanted my sons to be just like their father...an eagle scout who was raised to be an amazing MAN with morals, honor and just straight-up goodness. I got lucky. Why did they let these narrow minded thinkers (that's right, the liberals are the new closed minded thinking who hate others who don't think like them) and their selfish agenda have to be so bent about making it about sex and politics? Why? WHY? It is really no ones business whatsoever. It breaks my heart every time I think about it.
Left by Martha on May 28, 2013 7:59 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

God is faithful and truth, His word endured forever, church must be like a hospital to receive the sick,
Not to involve God children to sin more, if the homosexual are looking for help, the Church will pray with and for them, but we as Christian should not follow darkness, it must be the other way around, darkness Come to light, Jesus is light there for we are also light,
Left by Sister Lucy on May 29, 2013 7:26 AM

Left by Chuck Anziulewicz on May 29, 2013 10:40 AM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

Right on dude! BSA will not receive another check from me. I was so proud of them when they stood up to the gay rights lobby. Even though my son wasn't in scouts, I started to support them. Like the military, its time to steer clear.
Left by soulvirtue on May 29, 2013 6:18 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

The response from Christians should be swift and simple: Boycot Boy Scouts of America and their corporate nd Christian sponsors; and, remove our families and churches and other organizatiins from participation. In other words....shun them. Then put our money where our mouth is and start more Christian programs along the line of traditional scouts for youth.
Left by Donna on May 30, 2013 6:22 AM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

Everybody wants everybody else to respect and honor their rights. However it seems that God's rights are almost always lost in the shuffle. Sad; very, very sad!
Left by GYMSING on May 31, 2013 3:45 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

Yes you are right next step gay troup leaders they cant get away from it. This says its aright to be a gay scout so how long do you think they will be saying your discriminating if you don't. My opinion now with this move boy scouts have given up their legal shield that the Supreme Court gave them. As soon as this takes effect one of the gay scouts will file suit to go into court again and this time the Supreme Court will say well you now allow gay scouts so you are discriiminting now!! What will the justification be to the Court this time? After this is done if not before gay groups will realy go after the Church!!!!
Left by mcernak on May 31, 2013 7:44 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

David. You bring up a point which has received little if no attention: the sexual attraction of people to other people of the same sex. I see little difference between having homosexual males camping with other males and that of men and boys camping with females in a setting where they share the same tents and latrines. The slide down the slope of perversion is becoming steeper and more slippery. A point seldom mentioned regarding Sodom and Gomorrah is that of the power of the homosexuals in Sodom. Lot was willing to sacrifice his virgin daughters to protect the angels sent to rescue him. The angels found it necessary to blind the perverts to keep them from attacking. And today the demon-led homosexuals are swiftly gaining in power.
Left by therodtaylor on May 31, 2013 8:34 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

David. You bring up a point which has received little if no attention: the sexual attraction of people to other people of the same sex. I see little difference between having homosexual males camping with other males and that of men and boys camping with females in a setting where they share the same tents and latrines. The slide down the slope of perversion is becoming steeper and more slippery. A point seldom mentioned regarding Sodom and Gomorah is that of the power of the homosexuals in Sodom. Lot was willing to sacrifice his virgin daughters to protect the angels sent to rescue him. The angels found it necessary to blind the perverts to keep them from attacking. And today the demon-led homosexuals are swiftly gaining in power.
Left by therodtaylor on May 31, 2013 9:12 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

A very sad day in American history. Unfortunately, the Boy Scouts will reap what they sow, and the results will be devastating for all concerned.
Left by Cindy on May 31, 2013 10:11 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

David is right, you know. Once the BSA opened the door to the gay activists, they will not stop until they have complete control of the BSA w.r.t. all things homosexual. And now there's nothing to stop them from doing just that. It is clear that the homosexuality advocates are bent on forcing the homosexual ideology and lifestyle into every aspect of the American experience, including education, government, politics, health, religion, employment, and even our thought and speech. This is the means by which they are forcing our society to fully accept their lifestyle as a healthy, moral, social and religious equivalent to the heterosexual lifestyle, which it clearly is not. Read about the "gay agenda" at http://rethinkingtheology.com/2012/09/03/the-gay-agenda-what-in-the-world-is-going-on/
Left by jnjaist on Jun 02, 2013 4:21 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

While I don't see the change in Boy Scouts of America is a "good" thing and yet some good could come of it. You're right when you say that the church has been hiding in their 1950s Bible world. For too long the church, in general, has been demonizing sin (especially sex sin). The homosexual has been branded as one of the worst sinners but, in so many ways, it has to stop. We are now going to be forced to learn what is to truly love those who are trapped in the sin of homosexuality. Just as the church needs to learn what it is to reach out to Muslims, we need to know what it is love everybody. On the other hand, we need to do as the Lord said and be as cunning as foxes as to changes that go on around us. The people with the Gay agenda may be pushy but we need to show our strength in God's love.
Left by RTorres on Jun 02, 2013 8:51 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

Jesus never approved the sin where the woman was caught in the act of adultery. He told her to go and sin no more. We don't have to approve of the sin of homosexuality to love them. We lovingly tell them to go and sin no more. There are consequences to their lifestyle.
Left by KellieC on Jun 03, 2013 12:04 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

Will gays keep the boy scout promise for God, Country and Self? If not they should not be scouts!

Boy Scout Oath or Promise
On my honor, I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.
Left by Stan on Jun 03, 2013 6:20 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

When the Kingdom of Satan takes over any organization it is time to get out.
Left by Jennie Walsh on Jun 03, 2013 6:31 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

The Boy Scouts have been losing numbers for years.For years the Boy Scouts have recruited Conservative Christian Kids, but in the last 20 years,Christian kids have had so many more options to them that they have been leaving the Boy Scouts in droves. Now the Boy Scouts will lose everyone. Most Christian kids are at VBS camps during Summer and at Chruch doing activities a few nights a week. Christian kids save their money and go on their yearly mission trips during the summer. Most kids do not go to Boy Scouts, but do go to weekly bible study (AND THEY LOVE IT) and,as a team,kids are planning their yearly Missions trips.The Boy Scouts give you a badge for making Fire. On Missions trips you travel to Rwanda , Mexico, Africa and literally build a well so people have water.I mean which would any kid chose. Tell a 9 year old boy he has a choice-a camping trip with all BOYS (who identify as GAY)or a Missions Trip to Mexico with GIRLS and BOYS and he can serve in ministry.Its a no brainer
Left by MJ on Jun 04, 2013 5:12 PM

# RE: The Boy Scouts Of Gay America

What would be expect from an organization was founded by a pedophile?

Lord Robert Baden-Powell, the founder of the Scouts, was a homosexual and a pedophile. Tom Jeal's The Boy-Man, a 1990 biography, details Baden-Powell's attraction to, and likely affairs with, teenage boys, as well as his fondness for nude boy photos and requirements that Scouts in his care should bathe outside naked. Today Baden-Powell would have made the top ten on a Sex Offenders Registry list.

My point is, this mentality may have been there since day one, given that it became common knowledge about Baden-Powell, the illustrious British founder of the worldwide movement.
Left by Conservative Values on Jun 10, 2013 2:42 PM