Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Marco Rubio and The Brody File One-On-One on 'The 700 Club'

Watch my one-on-one with Sen. Marco Rubio that aired this morning across the country on "The 700 Club."

Stay in the know. Get The Brody File Weekly

posted @ Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:07 PM | Feedback (2)

Marco Rubio to Brody File: Breakdown of Family Has Led to Moral Decline

In a one-on-one interview with The Brody File, Sen. Marco Rubio says that the breakdown of the family has had direct consequences on the morality of our nation.

Rubio spoke with The Brody File very early Wednesday morning up on Capitol Hill. Watch the interview below with the key quote. Rubio will be the guest on this week’s national Brody File television show.

Other guests this week include Steven Law, president and CEO of American Crossroads, and Joshua DuBois, the outgoing White House Faith-Based Director.

Stay in the know. Get The Brody File Weekly

Mandatory Courtesy: CBN News/The Brody File

Key Quote:

Sen. Marco Rubio: I think morality ultimately is the function of the church and our faith not government but certainly government can not be immune from morality nor can our society because the breakdown in morality is having a direct economic consequence on our country.

The breakdown of the American family is one of the leading causes of poverty. The breakdown in the American family is one of the leading causes of these instances of violence that we’re seeing. The breakdown of the American family is one of the leading causes of educational underperformance.

That doesn’t mean I can go out and pass a law to create stronger families but it does mean that as leaders, if we do not recognize the impact that the social and moral well-being of our people are having on our economy and ultimately on our country, we’re blinded into a big problem.

posted @ Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:59 AM | Feedback (1)

Marco Rubio on Being Pro-Life: 'This is never going to be a political issue for me'

On Thursday, Sen. Marco Rubio will be introducing pro-life legislation called, The Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act (CIANA). The bill would help states enforce laws making sure that parents are notified before their child has an abortion.

In a one-on-one interview with The Brody File, Sen. Rubio says even if the bill fails, he will not stop pushing pro-life bills.

“This is never going to be a political issue for me. I don’t care if it (the vote) is 90-10 or 99-1. The fundamental issue of life is one that I will never change my opinion on,” he said.

Other guests this week include Steven Law, President and CEO of American Crossroads, and Joshua DuBois, the outgoing White House Faith-Based Director.

Stay in the know. Get The Brody File Weekly

Mandatory Courtesy: CBN News/The Brody File

Key Quote:

Sen. Marco Rubio: Every life at every stage is precious. This issue of life is a fundamental issue. It’s not a political issue. For me it’s not about denying anybody the right to do anything. I’m not in the business of going around denying people what they want to do with their bodies or with their lives.

This is about protecting people, human beings who maybe can’t speak yet and haven’t been born, perhaps don’t have a name or a social security number but they’re fully human nonetheless. They’re valuable and they’re precious and they deserve to be protected.”

This is never going to be a political issue for me. I don’t care if it (the vote) is 90-10 or 99-1, the fundamental issue of life is one that I will never change my opinion on.”

posted @ Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:29 AM | Feedback (3)

Marco Rubio Tells Brody File He's Okay with Karl Rove's New Conservative Victory Project

In a one-on-one interview with The Brody File, Sen. Marco Rubio defended Karl Rove and the American Crossroads group’s new project in their attempt to find the most conservative electable candidates. Having said that, he also made clear that the Tea Party’s concerns about people in Washington deciding who should get elected is a legitimate fear.

Ultimately he says, “They both have a place in American politics.”

Stay in the know. Get The Brody File Weekly

Mandatory Courtesy: CBN News/The Brody File

Key Quote:

David Brody: Do you think this Conservative Victory Project is a good idea?

Sen. Marco Rubio: Yes. I think they’re both fine. I want to say a couple things in fairness. Karl Rove was one of my earliest supporters. Even when I was 30 points down in the polls he wrote me a check, he told people he was supporting me, he helped me in my race and I was thirty or forty points down. That’s important for fairness to say that.

Ultimately, when I was the nominee American Crossroads came in to Florida and spent a lot of money on my candidacy and we’re grateful for that. But by the same token, I would not have been elected without Tea Party support. I would not have had a chance to even win the primary without all these folks out there who rallied to the cause of defending our Constitution, limiting government and supporting our traditional values and I’m forever grateful for that as well. They both have a place in American politics.

I think the concern that people have is that somehow people in Washington in the Beltway are going to decide that someone can’t get elected. That’s the argument they used against me and I don’t believe that’s Karl Rove’s intention. But I think the concern that people have is that people from Washington are going to come in and decided ‘so and so’ is unelectable, somebody else is more electable, we have to go with them. And I think that’s a valid concern.

There have been some candidates that have been nominated that have not done well in the General Election stage. Perhaps we need to do a better job working through that to ensure that doesn’t happen in the future. But I also think we have to be very careful that we’re not discouraging grassroots types candidates from running because often times they get elected and do a pretty good job.

I hope I’m doing a pretty good job. I know Mike Lee and Rand Paul and others who were not supposed to win their races are doing a good job as well. So for every story out there about some candidate that didn’t turn out well I can show you one that did - Ted Cruz in this election cycle, so I think it’s important.

We’re all on the same team. We’re all working for the same goal. I think we need to take a deep breath and understand that at the end what we all want is to elect the most conservative people possible to come up here, fight to defend the Constitution, protect our liberties and move our country forward.

posted @ Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:58 AM | Feedback (0)

Marco Rubio to Brody File: His Senate Job Is a Form of Worship to God

In a one-on-one interview with The Brody File, Sen. Marco Rubio says his faith is intertwined with his public policy and says he views his job as a U.S. senator, “as a form of worship in terms of how I dedicate it to God and make Him the purpose of my service.”

Stay in the know. Get The Brody File Weekly

Mandatory Courtesy: CBN News/The Brody File

Key Quote:

Sen. Marco Rubio: You can worship in how you do your job especially if the purpose of your job is to please and honor God not just please and honor your fellow men. Now, I have an obligation to serve my fellow men. I am a public servant and I think in doing that job well I also honor God and glorify Him.

I try to view my job as a form of worship in terms of how I dedicate it to God and make Him the purpose of my service.

posted @ Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:28 AM | Feedback (2)

Marco Rubio to Brody File: 'There Are No Saviors in Politics'

In a one-on-one interview with The Brody File, Sen. Marco Rubio says “there are no saviors in politics” and he sure isn’t one. He went on to say that his infamous water bottle episode last night made him realize that, “God has a funny way of reminding us we’re human.”

Stay in the know. Get The Brody File Weekly

Mandatory Courtesy: CBN News/The Brody File

Key Quote:

Sen. Marco Rubio: Last night as you saw on the broadcast, God has a funny way of reminding us we’re human when I had to take a drink of water. Everybody is having a lot of fun like that. There are no saviors in politics.

posted @ Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:26 AM | Feedback (0)