Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, believes that values voters may show up more in 2012 than they did for President Bush in 2004. More from Perkins below:

"In my almost 20 years involved in politics, I have never seen values voters so energized. This level of intensity is clearly driven by this administration's policies that are so hostile to religious freedom. The Obamacare's mandates are a clear infringement on religious freedom. President Obama talks about the freedom of worship, which is what we do within the four walls of the church. However, values voters are concerned about the freedom of religion, which is the ability to live your life according to the teachings of your faith. These voters see that freedom of religion is under attack by this President. I would not be surprised to see tomorrow's turnout of values voters eclipse what we saw in 2004."

We’re about to find out.

Stay in the know. Get The Brody File Weekly

Print     Email to a Friend    posted on Monday, November 05, 2012 8:52 PM

# RE: Evangelical Leader: "I would not be surprised to see tomorrow's turnout of values voters eclipse what we saw in 2004"

I havent been a romney fan all along but.As an American I am responcible to vote for the best choice and as a christian I am responcible to vote accordng to my faith. I dont see anything to make me concerned that Mr Romney will be anti religon or hostile to our faith. Obama has been extremly hostile to christians and Jews all over the world and extra freindly to our enemys. I dont see Romney advancing abbortion or non traditional marrage.Obama has done both aggressivly and proudly. not to mention what happened in Lybi and the coverup that make watergate look small. And I think Tony Perkins may be right. The faith cmmunity has been quit through this election but I have been sencing a quit erruption ppl of faith seem to get that this is crucial to our way of life and faith life. Pray then go vote today.
Left by kelly on Nov 06, 2012 12:17 PM

# RE: Evangelical Leader: 'I would not be surprised to see tomorrow's turnout of values voters eclipse what we saw in 2004'

The way I was Spiritually pushed to the polling place this morning, I would say your opinion is right on.
Left by Lindy on Nov 06, 2012 1:42 PM

Mr. Perkins from your lips to God's ears. I am praying so hard for Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan to win today. No matter what happens, tomorrow Jesus will still be on the throne. But I feel that Christians are voting Biblical values this time. God bless Mitt with His favor. God bless the great United States of America!
Left by catherine on Nov 06, 2012 5:54 PM

Someone posted earlier about being "spiritually pushed" to the polls this morning. I felt the exact same way. I am a middle-aged woman and have been voting many years, but never have I felt as compelled by the Holy Spirit to pray for a Presidential candidate as I have for Mitt Romney. Also, I have never felt such a responsibility to go vote. Satan did try to attack me this morning with "You don't really feel good -- your vote won't make any difference anyway -- you have to walk to the polling place." But, Praise the Lord, I went and voted and felt so satisfied that I had done my part, and that the rest is in the Lord's hands.
Left by jaylee on Nov 06, 2012 6:50 PM

President Obama has been re-elected. May the Lord turn the heart of the king in His Hands to Righteousness. Blessed be the True King, Jesus, who lives and reigns on the throne. America has gotten the leader it deserves.
Left by Wil on Nov 07, 2012 1:02 AM