Paul Ryan Exclusive: Obama Running a Campaign Based On 'Envy, Anxiety, Fear'

Below is part of The Brody File exclusive interview with vice-presidential candidate Paul Ryan. The interview was done Friday at the Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C.

Mandatory Courtesy: CBN News/The Brody File

The Brody File’s national piece on Paul Ryan airs on "The 700 Club" Monday morning. In addition, a fuller version of the interview can be seen on The Brody File TV Show this coming Friday at 9:30 a.m. on the ABC Family Channel.

Stay in the know. Get The Brody File Weekly

On Why President Obama Has The Lead in Polls:

David Brody: Why do you think Obama is polling, at least at this point among registered voters and likely voters a little bit ahead of you guys? Why do you think with everything that has gone on in this administration, things that you’ve pointed out and quite frankly Independents and Democrats are frustrated, too. Why do you think he’s still leading at the polls at this point?

Paul Ryan: Well, two things. We’re taking on an incumbent president. We’re the challengers. He’s the incumbent. He has all the benefits of incumbency, of the bully pulpit. Number two: He just spent the last three or four months trashing Mitt Romney. What he’s trying to do is make Mitt Romney an unacceptable alternative because he has no record to run on. That can work for a while.

Because President Obama has no record to run on, because ‘Hope and Change’ is now basically “Attack and Blame’, he’s running a campaign based on envy, anxiety, fear and frustration and that works to a degree, especially when he’s pumping hundreds of millions of dollars through that kind of a campaign and we’re still effectively tied.

So I actually like where we are right now because, in the final analysis, when people see the big solutions, the big ideas that we’re offering the country, a very clear choice of two futures: Do you want the opportunity society with the safety net, the prosperity society that reclaims our founding principles, or do you want Barack Obama’s welfare state with a debt crisis? More of the same. I don’t think people are going to vote for that.

Print     Email to a Friend    posted on Sunday, September 16, 2012 11:25 PM

# RE: Paul Ryan Exclusive: Obama Running a Campaign Based On 'Envy, Anxiety, Fear'

Couldn't be prouder of Rep. Ryan! So dignified. So smart. So eloquent. So not-skinny. So will get us out of the nobama mess, because next to Ripped-Ryan, both skinny barry&dopey-joe are left in the dust!
Left by Quovadis on Sep 17, 2012 8:17 PM

Couldn’t be prouder of Rep. Ryan! So dignified. So smart. So eloquent. So will get us out of this nobama mess, because next to dopey-joe&skinny barry, Ripped-Rep. Ryan leaves them in the dust! PRESIDENT ROMNEY&VP RYAN 2012
Left by Quovadis on Sep 17, 2012 8:21 PM

Left by Quovadis on Sep 17, 2012 9:08 PM

When I am not sure and I have no alternative I run here and there seeking all I can. But in my life I have not succeeded if I get even. It is the venom to get even and evil too I thank you Firozali A.Mulla DBA
Left by Mullar on Sep 20, 2012 12:53 AM

Left by Mullar on Sep 20, 2012 12:54 AM

I'm glad to see that Mr. Ryan knows what the
President is up to with the Fear and Anxiety.
He's using those tactics to keep his 47% in
line. I also think Mitt Romney make another
ad about this and screaming about it as loud
as he can to get the message out!
The Envy comes from his Socialist background.
He wants to "spread the wealth around" with
other peoples' money; not his!
His Envy of Mr. Romney will get the best of
him someday; that's why he's so worried about
how much the Governor has paid in taxes.

Left by pandemonium on Sep 20, 2012 1:08 PM