Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

Sarah Palin has sent The Brody File some personal Thanksgiving reflections. She talks movingly about her young son Trig. It is truly a heartfelt letter that gives God all the glory.

As for Trig, Palin is showing that while there are some people who just talk the talk when it comes to being pro-life she actually walks the walk too.

Enjoy!

A Personal Thanksgiving Reflection by Sarah Palin:

On Thanksgiving, my family's traditions will reflect the loyal, active, robust, big family life that shaped me. We're so fortunate to be together to share the making of another year's memory. In these late autumn days with temperatures dipping to 20-degrees below zero, we'll brave Alaska's biting cold to run and skate and ride - just because we can, and for that I am so thankful. Life in America's Last Frontier is not an easy living, but it's a good living. Here in Alaska, where I'm never without inspiration, an optimistic pioneering spirit still permeates, and harsh conditions force us out of self-centeredness and towards community - often in order to survive.

This need for selflessness - and the blessings that come with it - sharpened for me almost four years ago when I was given the gift of broader horizons, clarified priorities, and more commitment to justice and compassion for my fellow man who faces challenges and fears. I was granted this through a gift that arrived in a tiny, six-pound, awe-inspiring bundle. We named him Trig.

I know America's potential for goodness, thus greatness, because I see it every day through my son. Nothing makes me happier or prouder than to see America's good heart when someone smiles at my Trig. I notice it happens often in airports. Often a traveler passing by does a double-take when they see him, perhaps curious about the curious look on his face; perhaps my son momentarily exercises an uncontrollable motion that takes the passerby by surprise. Perhaps, as an innocent and candid child announced when she first met Trig, they think "he's awkward." But when that traveler pauses to look again and smile, and maybe tells me what a handsome boy I have, I swell with American pride. I am so thankful for their good heart. They represent the best in our country and their kindness shows the real hope we need today.

I am thankful that, as in so many areas of life, the bitter people who say bitter things about someone facing challenges are so outnumbered. There have been stinging criticisms, even from people still screaming that Trig should never have been born, but we know those critics may be the loudest and most malicious, but they're not the majority.

To me, when individuals reflect the greater societal acceptance of someone facing challenges, they show the best of humanity - even by offering a simple pat on Trig's head or a knowing smile shot our way. Conversely, when a society works to eliminate the "weakest links" (as some would callously consider the disabled) or "the unproductive" (as some would callously consider the very young and the very old), it eliminates the very best of itself. When a society seeks to destroy them, it also destroys any ability or need for sincere compassion, empathy, improvement, and even goodwill. And those are the very best qualities of humanity! Those are the characteristics of a country that understands and embraces true hope! America can be compassionate and strong enough as a nation to be entrusted with those who some see as an "inconvenience," but who are really our greatest blessings. Through Trig, I see firsthand that there is man's standard of perfection, and then there is God's. Man's standard is flawed, temporary, and shallow. God's standard lasts an eternity. At the end of the day, His is what matters.

So, this Thanksgiving my family will bundle Trig up and grin while we watch him through ice-frosted eyelashes as he curiously takes in all that is around him in the crisp open air. I hope your Thanksgiving gives you the opportunity to find that reminder of what really matters, too. For me, my perfect picture of thankfulness is my perfectly awesome son. With him, all is well with my soul and I know I am blessed.

Print     Email to a Friend    posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:13 PM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

If someone doesnot do something, the rights of playing and enjoying family will be gone. America is going down the tube, HELP!
Left by Diane Robinson, mother of 3, gra on Nov 23, 2011 4:14 PM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

A very Happy Thanksgiving to you Sarah and your beautiful family!
Left by donna on Nov 23, 2011 4:27 PM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

I totally give thanks for Trig. He is not unlike any other American that I know. We all have something we are dealing with only it does not always show on the outside. I trust that God will continue to bless him and that he will grow up into a fine young man and will bless thousands of Americans on the way. I bet he has a beautiful smile. Right? I know I'm right. Palin's, have a wonderful Thanksgiving. And, "Thank You".
Left by Tweety Bird on Nov 23, 2011 4:27 PM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

That was very inspirational. It makes you stop and think about the little things in our lives that we take for granted especially during the crisis this country is in. We are all very blessed. Happy Thanksgiving!
Left by Linda on Nov 23, 2011 4:40 PM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

Sarah, I am so grateful that God has given you to us. You are an inspiration and I pray, our next president. Thank you for the beautiful letter of thanksgiving. Have a very blessed Thanksgiving! Brenda
Left by BrendaMalli on Nov 23, 2011 4:51 PM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

It is with extreme pleasure that I salute you and your family. Your Christian values and your amazing spirit win my vote in whatever pursuit you choose. May God continue to bless you mightily. I still think you would have been a great leader for our country.
Left by jimeve2 on Nov 23, 2011 5:05 PM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

May God bless you and your entire family this holiday season, and the new year to come!!
Thank you for a beautiful bundle of thoughts.

DB&T in CO.
Left by Don H on Nov 23, 2011 5:56 PM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

Amen, sister! We are SO blessed--with the children God gives us, the beauty around us, the wonderful, supportive community around us wherever we go, the tasks He gives us, and His supportive hand through it all! Thank you for standing up as a strong, compassionate woman of God!
Left by Florence on Nov 23, 2011 7:14 PM

Thanks for this article.
The vicious minority people Sara speaks of in this article are to be pitied. There is a profound beauty that they are missing that could transform their souls if they would yield to it.
Ronald Reagan, quoting Terrance Cook said: "Life, God's special gift, is no less beautiful when accompanied by illness or weakness, hunger or poverty, mental or physical handicaps, loneliness or old age. Indeed it is at these times that human life takes on extra splendour as it requires our special care, concern and reverance. It is in and through the weakest of human vessels that the Lord continues to reveal the power of His love."
A paranatal Hospice nurse shared how when she walks parents through the difficulties of giving birth to a child who will have a very short life says this: "I have often seen families who were totaly antagonistic to maintaining what they considered a "doomed" pregnancy melt into puddles of love as a beautiful yet dieing baby is placed into
Left by kevin Williams on Nov 23, 2011 7:57 PM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

...into their arms. They often go out and tell the world about the unexpected beauty they beheld."
There are many beautiful and profound stories of families who share their testimonies of how "God showed up" when they most needed Him to in unexpected ways. Go to benotafraid.net (Make sure and have your tissue box handy) An excellent one is "Sharing Riley's Hope"
Left by kevin Williams on Nov 23, 2011 8:03 PM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

Thank you for a wonderful message Mrs. Palin. Those of us that believe every life is precious and God given need someone in public life that can attest to Gods gifts.
Left by James C. Anderson on Nov 23, 2011 9:14 PM

AMEN!
Thank you Sarah Palin for Speaking the Turth!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Jesus Love You and your Family!
Left by Susan on Nov 23, 2011 9:58 PM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

I'm surprised my last comment was never posted.

Sarah,
God bless you and your entire family this holiday season and through the new year. Thank you for the beautiful story.

DB&T H
Left by Don H on Nov 23, 2011 10:30 PM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

David, I hope Sarah Palin hears my message. Having the opportunity to have met Todd & Sarah in a private setting and taking the opportunity to Thank them, for all what they have meant to so many, has certainly been one of my great thrills. Having been the 9th child of eleven, and my sister Claire the youngest being a Down Syndrome child, I certainly understand where the entire Palin Family feels blessed. Claire was the glue that brought a huge family tighter than ever before. We were told that Claire would only live to her early teens, but Claire made it to 33. She made it her business to know what was going on in each of our lives, and she greeted every one of us with a hug every day.

Todd & Sarah deserve Trigg. Their limitless energy will translate to great happiness for the entire Palin Clan. Happy Thanksgiving! Sarah, and enjoy that long winter up in Alaska. Don't forget to keep fighting for the Conservative cause. We cannot ask for better leadership than you have given.
Left by Dennis McHale on Nov 24, 2011 12:33 AM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

What a heart-warming message! Now, I've already got a big smile on my face early on Thanksgiving morning. Thank-you, Sarah. You're one of my heroes and still my choice for president. And, God bless everybody at CBN.
Left by linda7hoover on Nov 24, 2011 8:31 AM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

Sarah you go girl your message is truly inspirational. I know how proud you must be. I have 4 grandchildren that I enjoy and am very proud of.
Left by gcavee on Nov 24, 2011 12:12 PM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

Sarah, I am so happy to be able to read and learn about you and your family. I have two books of yours. I hope that your family can continue to weather the storms of media lies and potentially family-destroying stories. I am not sure why you are the ONE to pick on, when there are plenty of others out there that are doing so much wrong, but keep on keepin' on, will you? Keep your values, no matter what!
I have worked for many with developmental disabilities and I know the good and bad of loving them. It is hard sometimes, but all relationships are hard, I think. Seeing each person, as the face of God, allows us to love when sometimes we just don't have it in us to love. Thanks for being a voice for those who some would do away with, if they had their way. God help them. I love you and appreciate your dedication to America and her values. Keep up the good work, and, Happy Thanksgiving Day and Merry Christ-mas!! Stay the course.
Left by Phyllis on Nov 25, 2011 12:31 AM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

I hope Sarah Palin continues to speak out for us even though she chose not to run for President. I hope this gives her an opportunity to deepen her faith in God and perfect her desire to take risks in leading a public life.

David White
Houston
Left by dlwhite1965 on Nov 25, 2011 7:13 AM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

"Through Trig, I see firsthand that there is man's standard of perfection, and then there is God's. Man's standard is flawed, temporary, and shallow. God's standard lasts an eternity. At the end of the day, His is what matters."

Could not agree more. Thank you Governor Palin.
We are still thinking about you...in only the best sense of course.

1Ch 16:8 Give thanks to Jehovah, call on His name, make known His deeds among the people.
1Ch 16:9 Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him, talk of all His wondrous works.
1Ch 16:10 Glory in His holy name, let the heart of those who seek Jehovah rejoice.
Left by wrhalver on Nov 25, 2011 10:42 AM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

Palin is by far the most powerful figure in the USA today, working tirelessly and selflessly behind the scenes to take back America and restore it to the way Jesus intended it to be. We all need to continue to support her financiall­y to encourage her to run for President. I for one sold my house to donate to her PAC and am living in my brother in laws tool shed. She won't lets us down!
Left by Popi on Nov 25, 2011 10:56 PM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

Sarah Palin, you are an instrument of God. An ambassador, in a day of great need. Please use your abilities to further the great kingdom of God. I know we all have a part in this great adventure. May the USA be the city on the hill for God forever. May God's will be done. Thank-you for all you have done and what you will do. Know God is got you and your family in His hands!!God Bless you and your wonderful family!!
Left by msvihl on Nov 26, 2011 10:31 AM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

God bless you Sarah and your precious family. You and your family are a true inspiration for us all.
Left by cheronana on Nov 26, 2011 11:28 AM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

God bless the Palin family. I wish she were running for president!
Left by kelly on Nov 27, 2011 2:20 PM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

Dear Sarah & Family, Thank you for your inspiring Thanksgiving message, your evident thankfulness and your expressed love for your family; especially Trig. I think God has a very special place for little Trig's every where and for their families too.
I (Grandma) am moving with my family to Alaska soon. They are a family to be admired too as I am one of the not so useful anymore. Wow, would it ever be an awesome experience to meet you and your family when we live there. Just keep up your spirit and encouraging words of faith to God, to family and to country. I love and admire you Sarah. May God bless and keep you; may His light shine upon you and give you peace.
Left by Nancy Glaubitz on Nov 28, 2011 10:13 AM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

Hey Dave, hows about printing some Thanksgiving and holiday messages from democrats? How's about (heaven forbid equal) at least a bit of time
Left by Guy Betz on Nov 28, 2011 1:00 PM

# RE: Exclusive: Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Message

Many supporters want Sarah Palin to reconsider running for President. Tomorrow, Conservatives4Palin will begin running an ad on TV. To show that you think she should run, you can wear items that proclaim the message and help spread it far and wide. Please go to the link to find a t-shirt, jewelry, hat, tote bag, button, mug, water bottle or other item to advertise your support of the “Reconsider Movement”!
Left by TLemmbert on Nov 29, 2011 4:40 AM