Rick Perry: 'Gay marriage is not fine with me'

Rick Perry made clear today that he is not “fine” with gay marriage. Last week in Aspen, Colo., he spoke about the state of New York passing a gay marriage law and said “that’s fine with me.”

But today he went on Christian radio to say the following:

“I probably needed to add a few words after that, ‘It’s fine with me,’ and that it’s fine with me that a state is using their sovereign rights to decide an issue.

Obviously gay marriage is not fine with me. My stance hasn’t changed.”

"Gay marriage is not fine with me.”

Listen to the interview with Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council here.

Perry is FOR a federal marriage amendment even though he believes strongly in the 10th amendment.

He will have to explain how he squares the two, but here's my take as to where this is going. If the Supreme Court ultimately rules that the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) is unconstitutional, then there would be a need for a federal marriage amendment at that point, which is something Perry would no doubt support.

He would most likely argue that allowing the states to vote on this issue IS state's rights issue.

Print     Email to a Friend    posted on Thursday, July 28, 2011 2:58 PM

# RE: Rick Perry: 'Gay marriage is not fine with me'

He needs to be careful how and what he says. The left will take things out of context at the drop of a hat. Candidates beware!
Left by KellieC on Jul 28, 2011 6:56 PM

# RE: Rick Perry: 'Gay marriage is not fine with me'

Yes, I am glad to know that Rick Perry is not fine with Gay Marriage as it goes against God's Holy Word. But I am a little hesitant on voting for him now, as I am thinking he is like all the other politicians in Washington DC just says what he thinks will get him elected. If he is truly a born again Christian, then he needs to stand on the Word Of God and the Lord will put him in office without him kowtowing to the liberals.
Left by Jungle Girl on Jul 29, 2011 2:43 PM

# RE: Rick Perry: 'Gay marriage is not fine with me'

WHEN A PRESIDENT IS SWORN IN,HE PUTS HIS HAND ON ALMIGHTY GODS WORD,[THE BIBLE] SO BY DOING SO, HE IS SAYING TO US THAT HE ABIDES BY ALMIGHTY GODS WORD, AND TO UPHOLD GODS WORD. ANY DECISION THAT IS MADE SHOULD,SHOULD, BE LOOKED UP IN THE BIBLE, AND SEE WHAT GOD HAS TO SAY ABOUT IT [ANY ISSUES]; AT THIS VERY HOUR WE HAVE SOME GODLESS LEADERS MAKING CRITICAL DECISIONS. SEEKING MANS WISDOM RATHER THAN ALMIGHTY GODS WISDOM. WHY DO YOU THINK AMERICA IS IN TURMOIL AT THIS MOMENT,MAINLY UNREPENTANT SIN. ELECT LEADERS THAT FEAR GOD AND NOT MAN.
Left by ezekiel-3 on Jul 29, 2011 2:49 PM

# RE: Rick Perry: 'Gay marriage is not fine with me'

Being a sodomite is slowly becoming the norm.... does this set off any warning flags? Anyone?
Left by HD Veteran on Jul 29, 2011 6:17 PM

# RE: Rick Perry: 'Gay marriage is not fine with me'

It is not fine with God! If people do not repent, how will we heal our land? I believe Rick Perry! we need more people who are not afraid to speak out about God and his commandments!
Left by L.J. on Aug 08, 2011 1:38 PM