In an exclusive interview with The Brody File, Donald Trump expresses concern about the teachings of the Koran saying, “There's something there that teaches some very negative vibe.”

Watch below. The transcription is below as well.

I spoke with Trump in New York a few days ago. My full six-minute piece aired across the country on "The 700 Club" this morning. If you missed it, you can watch it again tonight at 11 p.m. on the ABC Family Channel or here anytime of day.

Trump will also be the sole focus of this week’s 30-minute Brody File Show where you can see a lot more of the interview. (The show will be released Wednesday morning along with more, never-before-seen clips)

Transcription:

David Brody: Radical Islam: to Evangelicals, this is a bread and butter issue. You said there’s a Muslim problem in this country. What do you mean by that exactly?

Donald Trump: Bill O'Reilly asked me is there a Muslim problem? And I said absolutely, yes. In fact I went a step further. I said I didn't see Swedish people knocking down the World Trade Center. It was very interesting. I thought that was going to be a controversial statement and somebody, I think it was Dennis Miller introduced me, he was doing like an analysis of me, he said, I love it.

The guy said what the truth is. He didn't mince his words. He didn't say, 'Oh, gee, no there's not a Muslim problem, everybody’s wonderful.' And by the way, many, many, most Muslims are wonderful people, but is there a Muslim problem? Look what's happening. Look what happened right here in my city with the World Trade Center and lots of other places.

So I said it and I thought it was going to be very controversial but actually it was very well received. I think people want the truth. I think they're tired of politicians. They're tired of politically correct stuff.

I mean I could have said, 'Oh absolutely not Bill, there's no Muslim problem, everything is wonderful, just forget about the World Trade Center.' But you have to speak the truth. We're so politically correct that this country is falling apart.

Brody: With some evangelicals there are some problems with the teachings of the Koran. Do you have concerns about the Koran?”

Trump: Well, I'll tell you what. The Koran is very interesting. A lot of people say it teaches love and there is a very big group of people who really understand the Koran far better than I do. I'm certainly not an expert, to put it mildly. But there's something there that teaches some very negative vibe.

I mean things are happening, when you look at people blowing up all over the streets that are in some of the countries over in the Middle East, just blowing up a super market with not even soldiers, just people, when 250 people die in a super market that are shopping, where people die in a store or in a street. There's a lot of hatred there that's some place.

Now I don't know if that's from the Koran. I don't know if that's from some place else. But there's tremendous hatred out there that I've never seen anything like it.

So, you have two views. You have the view that the Koran is all about love and then you have the view that the Koran is, that there's a lot of hate in the Koran.

Print     Email to a Friend    posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:40 AM

# RE: Brody File Exclusive: Donald Trump Says Something in Koran Teaches a 'Very Negative Vibe'

Mr Trump needs to distinguish between a religion and a nationality. Comparing Swedes and Muslims is stupid. Why didn't he say "I didn't see Christians knocking down the towers"... Oh wait, we do have lots of atrocities in history comittedd in the name of Christianity. Maybe he should have used Hindus instead? If you dig deep enough, you can find atrocities comitted in the name of religion for most religious groups.
Shame on you Mr. Trump.
Left by RR on Apr 12, 2011 3:15 PM

Why does he need to distinguish between a religion and a nationality? His statement is correct whether he's talking about Swedes, Muslims, Australians etc.

Your statement that "we do have lots of atrocities in history comittedd in the name of Christianity" is irrelevant. Trump is talking about now. Not the crusades. His point is entirely correct. HERE AND NOW the Muslims are the ones commiting ALL the terrorist acts against members of other religions. I don't see Christians doing that, I don't see Jews doing that, I don't see Buddhists doing that. Not in the name of their religion. Yet thousands if not millions of people are slaughtered every year by Muslims in the name of Islam.
I applaud Donald Trump for having the courage to speak the truth about the so-called 'religion.' Recognition - and admitting that there is a problem 0 is the first step towards solving the problem.
For this reason alone, Mr. Trump has distanced himself from the crowd!!
Left by Alan on Apr 12, 2011 7:15 PM

Alan,

It is not true that Muslim are committing ALL the terrorist acts against people of other faiths in the world right now. If you truly believe that you need to get a little more educated about what is happening around the globe. Fundamentalist Hindus are attacking Muslim in India. Fundamentalist Jews are killing Palestinians and driving them out of their homes. Various factions are attacking each other in the streets (burning down houses, stores, etc) in African nations. Let's not even mention what the United States government itself does. To say it is all Muslims has more to do with skewed media coverage than reality. The reality is these types of acts and conflicts happen all over the world by all types of people. If we choose to put a spotlight on Muslims and leave everything else in the dark that's all we see. That's a choice. But it doesn't give us a right to generalize an entire faith because the acts of a few and commit violence and discrimination against them.
Left by pleasethink on Apr 13, 2011 3:28 AM

>Yet thousands if not millions of people are >slaughtered every year by Muslims in the name >of Islam.

Easy to say without facts to back that up.

Left by RR on Apr 13, 2011 5:34 PM

Consdering the current day crusades against Iraq, Afghanistan and now Libya it is hardly surprising that the suffering people in those countries take action in self defense. After all, the US response to the attack on Pearl Harbor with nuclear weapons of mass destruction leads the way and as an American Citizen living near a metropolitan area I pray and suggest you pray that those who have been attacked by America do not respond in the same way! My suggestion is to recall all American forces immediately to the defend the USA and cease giving cause for further retaliatory attacks against us. Incidentally the money saved by stopping pointless wars would balance the budget better than destroying all the benefits currently available to American Citizens.
Left by altagir on Apr 13, 2011 6:24 PM