Source: Ralph Reed "Seriously" Considering Run for Congress

Sources close to Ralph Reed tell The Brody File that the former Executive Director of the Christian Coalition is “seriously” considering running for Congress in Georgia.  According to one well-placed source, Reed has talked to key grassroots leaders and local elected officials in Gwinnett county and other parts of the district, but has not made a decision yet.

Eighteen-year veteran Congressman Rep. John Linder announced over the weekend that he's retiring. This seat is in a big time Republican district in the Atlanta suburbs. Reed would be positioned well.

It'll be interesting to see what Reed does. His grassroots Faith and Freedom Coalition is taking off but it's kind of hard to pass up this opportunity considering openings like this don't happen often.

For more insight, click here to watch my analysis on CBN's Newswatch program, Monday.

Print     Email to a Friend    posted on Monday, March 01, 2010 12:32 PM

# RE: Source: Ralph Reed "Seriously" Considering Run for Congress

I just heard this weekend that John Linder was retiring. I am a Gwinnett resisdent and though we will miss John, I cannot think of a better Representative than Ralph Reed.

He expouses our strong conservative values and will receive my strongest support in every way possible.
Left by SpringerRider on Mar 01, 2010 12:58 PM

# RE: Source: Ralph Reed "Seriously" Considering Run for Congress

Oh c'mon. Ralph is neck-deep in the Abramoff stuff (you should read the Senate transcripts of JA's emails). His campaign would be flame-out of egotism, opportunism and crushing defeat.

No way.

Cheers.
Left by rtwingtroll on Mar 01, 2010 1:58 PM

# RE: Source: Ralph Reed "Seriously" Considering Run for Congress

After what embarrassment this man put his supporters and the state of Georgia through during the whole Abramoff scandal, can we afford someone who has such a past run? There are many other very capable candidates who offer conservative Christian principles and NO distractions out there.
Left by Craig on Mar 01, 2010 2:12 PM

# RE: Source: Ralph Reed "Seriously" Considering Run for Congress

Mr Reed is very strong in his beliefs. I am not sure how much he would respect mine.
Left by RPaine on Mar 01, 2010 5:14 PM

# RE: Source: Ralph Reed "Seriously" Considering Run for Congress

Ralph Reed represents one of Washington's many problems: special interests and their lobbysists running amok.
Left by John Middleman on Mar 01, 2010 6:17 PM

# RE: Source: Ralph Reed "Seriously" Considering Run for Congress

Ralph I do not live in Gwinnett, I'm in Cobb, but you my friend are worth voting into office.
Left by Tom Logan on Mar 01, 2010 8:57 PM

# RE: Source: Ralph Reed "Seriously" Considering Run for Congress

I feel Mr. Reed has a lot to offer. With his faith he can do great things.

Support from an active Mormon!!!
Left by JonH on Mar 05, 2010 5:33 PM