I'm currently wrapping up a report that will air on tomorrow's "700 Club" program about the recent string of successful pressure campaigns orchestrated by the notorious Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) in silencing critics of the Muslim Brotherhood.
You won't want to miss this one, featuring Gen. Jerry Boykin, former Islamic terrorist Kamal Saleem, and others. I'll be posting the video here on the blog tomorrow.
In the meantime, however, working on this story and observing the furor over the accidental Afghan Koran burning--and the mainstream media's choice to scold the American military while soft-pedaling--even excusing--the deadly Islamic riots that followed--has raised a few questions in my mind that I'd like to pose to our leftist, "tolerant" and ever-faithful multi-culti chums at The New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, NPR, NBC, etc. Here goes (in no particular order):
1) Why do you regularly seek out CAIR officials for quotes and soundbites in news reports as if they represent a legitimate, mainstream and moderate Muslim organization without mentioning the following facts? A) In 2007, CAIR was named as an unindicted co-conspirator in the largest terrorism financing trial in American history. B) In 2009, a federal judge ruled that "ample evidence" existed linking CAIR to the terrorist group Hamas.
2) How many of you have summoned up the intellectual curiosity to actually read the Koran and hadiths and study Islamic history? Shouldn't you have at least a passing knowledge of the subject matter before making the knee-jerk, uneducated, wishful conclusion that Islam is, at its core, a "religion of peace?"
3) How many of you have read the 1991 Muslim Brotherhood Explanatory Memorandum that was uncovered by the FBI in 2004 in the home of a top Brotherhood operative living in northern Virginia? Talk about a huge story that the public should know about! It lays out the MB's plan to destroy America from within and identifies several of the groups you and the U.S. government are so fond of--including the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) and the Muslim American Public Affairs Council (MPAC)--as Brotherhood-connected entities. This document literally represents the enemy's battle plan to take down the United States. And you are playing right into their hands. Do you even care?
4) In your rush to warn against military action against Iran's nuclear facilites and assure us that Iran is a rational actor that can be contained, have any of you taken the time to research the apocalyptic, expansionist, Mahdi-and-martyrdom obsessed ideology of Iran's regime? Here is a good place to start.
5) When will you admit that the so-called "Arab Spring" that you were so thrilled about has devolved into a long, dark Islamist Winter that has empowered Islamic fanatics across the Middle East and North Africa and seriously endangered the security of America and Israel?
Any MSMers who can answer these questions with a semblance of rationality, clarity and intellectual honesty will receive an American flag lapel pin that they can easily bury in their office drawers.