Gary Lane

CBN News Senior International Reporter

E-mail Feedback

Pastor Nadarkhani's Letter of Thanks

Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani, recently released from an Iranian prison, has written a letter of thanks to all those who brought attention to his plight and prayed for his release.

As you know, if you've followed The Global Lane and reports from CBN News, he was imprisoned and charged with apostasy, a crime punishable by death in Iran.

Please continue to pray for Youcef and his family. They stll face danger from militant Muslims and/or government agents who may want to kill them because of Youcef's evangelistic efforts.

Here's Pastor Youcef's letter that was sent to us by Present Truth Ministries:

Not to us, LORD, not to us, but to Your Name be glory, for Your faithfulness, for Your loyalty… Psalm 115:1

Salaam ! (Peace be upon you !)

I glorify and give grace to the Lord with all my heart. I am grateful for all the blessings that He gave me during my whole life. I am especially grateful for His goodness and divine protection that characterised the time of my detention.

I also want to express my gratitude towards those who, all around the world, have worked for my cause, or should I say the cause that I defend. I want to express my gratitude to all of those who have supported me, openly or in complete secrecy. You are all very dear to my heart. May the Lord bless you and give you His perfect and sovereign Grace.

Indeed I have been put to the test, the test of faith which is, according to the Scriptures "more precious than perishable gold." But I have never felt loneliness, I was all the time aware of the fact that it wasn’t a solitary battle, for I have felt all the energy and support of those who obeyed their conscience and fought for the promotion of the justice and the rights of all human beings. Thanks to these efforts, I have now the enormous joy to be by my wonderful wife and my children. I am grateful for these people through whom God has been working. All of this is very encouraging.

During that period, I had the opportunity to experience in a marvellous way the Scripture that says: "Indeed, as the sufferings of Christ abound for us, our encouragement abound through Christ.." He has comforted my family and has given them the means to face that difficult situation. In His Grace, He provided for their spiritual and material needs, taking away from me a heavy weight.

The Lord has wonderfully provided through the trial, allowing me to face the challenges that were in front of me. As the Scriptures says, "He will not allow us to be tested beyond our strength…" Despite the fact that I have been found guilty of apostasy according to a certain reading of the Shar’ia, I am grateful that He gave the leaders of the country, the wisdom to break that judgement taking into account other facts of that same Shar’ia. It is obvious that the defenders of the Iranian right and the legal experts have made an important effort to enforce the law and the right. I want to thank those who have defended the right until the end.

I am happy to live in a time where we can take a critical and constructive look to the past. This has allowed the writing of universal texts aiming at the promotion of the rights of man. Today, we are debtors of these efforts provided by dear people who have worked for the respect of human dignity and have passed on to us these universal significant texts. I am also debtor of those who have faithfully passed on the Word of God, that very Word who makes us heirs of God.

Before ending, I want to express a prayer for the establishment of an unending and universal peace, so that the will of the Father be done on earth as it is in heaven. Indeed, everything passes, but the Word of God, source of all peace, will last eternally.

May the grace and mercy of God be multiplied to you. Amen !

Yousef Nadarkhani

8 September 2012

Print     Email to a Friend    posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 12:38 PM

# RE: Pastor Nadarkhani's Letter of Thanks

May the Lord of true peace, Jesus Christ, continue to bless him and his family as they now consider their options. I have been encouraged by the work the Lord has done in them and through them. I will pray for their continued provision and protection.
Left by Betty on Sep 20, 2012 12:02 AM

# RE: Pastor Nadarkhani's Letter of Thanks

I am happy for Pastor Nadarkhani and his family. It is terrible that Christians and Jews are persecuted all over the world. John 15:20 holds true for Christians today. May the Lord continue to protect you and your family.
Left by Ken on Sep 20, 2012 1:04 AM

# RE: Pastor Nadarkhani's Letter of Thanks

Pastor Nadarkhani gives us Followers of Jesus Christ assurance of Gods presence during any crisis or tribulation we may go through. He continually gives the glory to God and shows us that the Lord can and did even work through those that imprisoned him. Is not the God we worship beyond Wonderful? I will continue to thank the Lord for Pastor Nadarkhani and pray for great things to come to him and his family in the future. May we all learn from his experience the Faithfulness of our God.
Left by bygrace on Sep 20, 2012 12:29 PM

# RE: Pastor Nadarkhani's Letter of Thanks

At least it shows he is humans and wrote many would forget the gratitude i thank you Firozali A. Mulla DBA
Left by Mullar on Sep 21, 2012 7:02 PM

# RE: Pastor Nadarkhani's Letter of Thanks

Praise the Lord! It is so exciting that you are back with your family and that you have been protected. We need to Celebrate that prayers are answered by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ... We continue to pray for your protection and blessings.
Left by rickacrozier on Sep 21, 2012 9:47 PM

# RE: Pastor Nadarkhani's Letter of Thanks

I'm so glad that here the news about you Pastor Nadarkhani Phil 1:21 for me to live in christ and to die is gain . I John 4:4 greater is he that is in you that is in the world . amen truly God is with you your experience about the manifestation of the holy spirit work in you . as you said your faith tested with fire.and god seas you like prophet Daniel the Test of his faith He is did'nt give up until the last breath. amen God is with you Praised the Lord
Left by Victorino B. Lazara on Sep 22, 2012 2:01 AM

# RE: Pastor Nadarkhani's Letter of Thanks

Blessed are you Pastor Nadarkhani. To have the privlege to suffer for our Saviour and Master. You will always be in my heart. Your strength and love for Yeshua is truely proven. I am blessed to have prayed for you...Shalom...In Yeshua's name...William Anthony Dlubak
Left by bill dlubak on Sep 22, 2012 10:05 AM

# RE: Pastor Nadarkhani's Letter of Thanks

Praise be to God that the Nardarkhani family is reunited once again. Truly a moment to celebrate. Amen!
Left by RobertDJ on Sep 24, 2012 1:03 AM

# RE: Pastor Nadarkhani's Letter of Thanks

Praise God! To Him belongs the glory for this blessed outcome. Thank You Lord!
I am also grateful and pleased that the Iranian authority released Pastor Nadarkhani from prison. I am thankful to the faithful who prayed for his release as well as those who worked with the international community and worked with the Iranian government to obtain Pastor Yousef's freedom. God continue to bless him, his family and his ministry.
Left by Blessed on Sep 25, 2012 11:27 PM

# RE: Pastor Nadarkhani's Letter of Thanks

I am extremely happy to see him released and with his lovely family. He gives all the glory to God and so do I. I pray still for him and his family to be safe and protected. God you know his future and I ask you to continually be with them with Your Almighty Wing over them. Amen !
Left by Bybee on Sep 26, 2012 3:45 PM