Join Craig von Buseck weekdays as he shares his perspective on the major trends and news affecting the Body of Christ today.
LIBYA, NORTH AFRICA
Chief of State:
Head of Government: Interim Prime Minister Mahmud Jabril
Evangelical Christians: 0.3%
Dominant Religion: Sunni Islam
Persecution Ranking: 25th
The unrest that swept through much of the Arab world resulted in a civil war in a full-blown Libya. After months of fighting, rebels managed to force leader Muammar al-Qadhafi out of office.
The majority of the people groups in Libya are considered unreached. The largest - the Libyan Arabs - are still waiting for Scripture in their language.
The Gospel has been penetrating this closed, Islamic nation by way of the internet. Refugees fleeing into surrounding nations to escape the current civil war are also hearing the Gospel.
- the Lord to accomplish His plans and purposes in Libya. Ask Him to raise up leaders who will serve with integrity and the fear of the Lord. (The Bible, Jeremiah 29:11)
- this time of unrest to be an open door for the Good News of Jesus Christ to be proclaimed in this nation. (The Bible, I Corinthians 16:9)
- the Kingdom of God to come to Libya. (The Bible, Matthew 6:10)
MALAYSIA, SOUTHEAST ASIA
Chief of State: Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin
Head of Government: Prime Minister Mohamed Najib bin Abdul Razak
Evangelical Christians: 4.3%
Dominant Religion: Sunni Islam
Persecution Ranking: 50th
It is against the law in most of Malaysia to leave the false religion of Islam. There are hundreds of extremist groups and many continue to call for the imposition of Shari'a law.
According to Humantrafficking.org, organized crime syndicates are responsible for Malaysia being both a destination and a source of trafficking. Women and girls are taken to Singapore, Hong Kong, and other nearby nations and cities for sexual exploitation.
The Christian population is small but steadily growing. And they are increasingly united. "Christians are networking and cooperating as never before," reports "Operation World."
- the strongholds of Islam to be torn down. Pray for the Light of Christ to penetrate the spiritual darkness in Malaysia. (The Bible, II Corinthians 4:6)
- an immediate end to human trafficking in this nation. Pray for the government to crackdown on this illegal and destructive practice. (The Bible, Psalm 7:9)
- the Lord to strengthen and protect Christians. Ask Him to provide opportunities for them to share their faith and for many Muslims to put their faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. (The Bible, James 5:8)
For more about Praying Through The Window 9, visit http://www.win1040.com/ today!
Related ChurchWatch Stories:
Japan and Guinea-Bessau
India and Mauritania
Bhutan; Saudi Arabia
Missions, Miracles and Ministry in His 1040 Window
Learn more about CBN's ministries around the world.
More from Spiritual Life
Meet a Christian a Friend on My.CBN
More from Craig on CBN.com
Order Craig's new book by Regal Publishers, Praying the News, co-written by CBN News anchor Wendy Griffith.
Order Craig's books on ShopCBN:
NetCasters: Using the Internet to Make Fishers of Men
7 Keys to Hearing God's Voice