ChurchWatch

Join Craig von Buseck weekdays as he shares his perspective on the major trends and news affecting the Body of Christ today.

Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

Gospel music legends, Andrae Crouch and his twin sister, Sandra, have issued a statement about erroneous stories that Michael Jackson had accepted Christ during a meeting with them.

In an official statement sent to Assist News Service, Andrae and Sandra said, “It has been brought to our attention that several media outlets have been erroneously reporting that we met our dear friend Michael Jackson several weeks prior to his death so he could accept Christ. This is incorrect and absolutely not true.

“We loved and respected Michael enormously and we've been friends with him for many, many years, and are deeply saddened by his sudden and tragic death. We recently met with Michael to discuss recording two songs with our choir for his newest recording project.

“Michael always had a respect and curiosity for spiritual things. During our meeting, not unlike many other creative/music meetings we've had with him in the past, we sang together, prayed together and had a wonderful time.

“We are praying for Michael's family and desire nothing less than God's best for them."

More on the death of Michael Jackson from CBN News.

More from CBN News

More from Christian World News

More from Assist News Service

More from Spiritual Life

More from Craig von Buseck on CBN.com

MoreChurchWatch

Print      Email to a Friend    posted on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 2:55 PM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

I must ask. Like many others I to wonder if Michael Jackson went to Heaven or Hell. It is widely reported that he accepted and converted to Islam a couple of years back. Being well aware of the first and foremost rule with our Lord Jesus (recognize and accept Him as one's personal Lord and Savior) for entrance into His Kingdom, is it possible for Michael to have been accepted into Heaven? Or because of his religion (Islam), did he go to Hell?
Left by seekingChristsapproval on Jul 03, 2009 5:32 AM

Acts 4:10-12
0 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
KJV
Left by ReflectionsofJoy on Jul 03, 2009 9:14 PM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

I also read tho that they said he was asking alot of questions about the holy spirit and that they did talk to him about jesus and that he didnt reject Him and normally doesn't touch people but held hands and prayed with them and was touched but the music and time singing with them. If this is true then dont just say that this statement was false, just clarify. I was deeply grieving for him and worried and asked God to show me if MJ accepted Him before he died and then i found that article and was so happy! Then I saw this and was so discouraged. change the headline!!! If MJ was touched and asking questions and they talked to him about Christ and he prayed with them, then he may have accepted Christ!
Left by pepper on Jul 04, 2009 12:27 AM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

As taleted as Mike was, the scriptures are clear. You must confesss Jesus as Lord. Jesus said that he that believeth not is condenmed already.
Left by KingdomHSV on Jul 04, 2009 1:50 AM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

Only God knows what was in Michael's heart.

I think we Christians may be misreading the Bible as far as determining who goes to heaven or hell. If we read Isaiah 25:6-8 and Revelation 7:17 & 21:3-5, God will wipe away the tears from all faces and will prepare a feast of fat things for all people. Jesus Christ did so much more than just die for the forgiveness of our sin. He demolished the wall Satan built and maneuvered between God and the human race when the serpent lied to Eve in the Garden of Eden. The day--the day of Christ's return--is coming when pain, crying, sorrow, and death will no longer be found here on earth. Then Michael Jackson will rejoice just like all of us that God is faithful and that He made good out of evil.
Left by Patricia Zell on Jul 04, 2009 10:32 PM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

The tears talked about being wiped away are those of believers and followers of Christ, not everyone who talks about him. Whether he got a touch(experience from the Holy Ghost) is beside the fact of him opening up his mouth and confessing and believing in his heart that God raised Jesus from the dead is a different story. It is with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto SALVATION. Because he has already left the earth realm, we must believe in and rely on the mercy of God. God knows everybodys' heart, but we don't know everybodys' heart, there still has to be an open acknowledgement of Christ as Saviour.
Left by Anonymous on Jul 06, 2009 4:26 PM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

I do not understand the purpose of this article. It states Andre Crouch was friends with Michael worked with Michael and prayed and sang songs with Michael. Is this article saying Michael had no relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. No one knew Michaels heart except God. When we judge let us judge righteously we all have a judge in Heaven. Bias spirits have one thing in common no matter how subtle they think they are. Racism cannot enter the Kingdom heaven you It cannot get in the gate no matter how Holy they claim to be.
Left by Rose on Jul 08, 2009 6:53 PM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

Editor's Note: In reply to Rose on July 8th -- this ChurchWatch entry was in response to the rumors that were circulating on the Internet that said that Andre Crouch had led Michael Jackson in a prayer of salvation in their last meeting before Michael's death. The posting makes it clear from Andre and his sister, Sandra, that they did not pray a prayer of salvation, but that they had a very meaningful spiritual time with him -- as they often did when they met with him in the past.

The purpose of the posting was to address the rumors with the facts from Andre and Sandra. Here is a story from The Christian Post with more details: http://www.christianpost.com/article/20090702/gospel-artists-say-they-did-not-lead-michael-jackson-to-christ/index.html

Blessings. Craig
Left by Craig von Buseck on Jul 09, 2009 2:41 PM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

I just want to comment on two things: 1. No one knows the heart of a man only God does. 2. This article had nothing to do with racism as Rose mentioned in her blog. Cannot anyone just make a statement with bringing in racism and religion. Lord have Mercy. I don't think this should have been an issue but I feel Andre Crouch clarified what happened in their meetings. Trust God! HE knows what he is doing and who HE is reaching.
Left by Carol on Jul 10, 2009 10:05 PM

BRETHREN,
I am rejoicing in the fact that the battle was WON for Michael's soul to days before he left! As Michael SANG the praises of God with Andre and Sandra through the years,in effect he was confessing his measure of faith.
Many prayers of the righteous DID avail much on Michael's behalf .Understand, this was a PROCESS-Michael was "going through the eye of a needle"--with God being able to aim him through!

I cried out to the Lord, "Give me a sign! Is he with You?!", when I heard the news of Michael's departure.
Instantly, God reminded of the DAY before:I was moved to pray in my prayer language embracing my husband as we prayed together. That was a part of the battle being wadged in the spiritual realm for Michael!! My being a strong intercessor for over 30 years, surley I can get the ear of GOD, also God gets MY ear to hear His voice-- and eyes to see HIS Faithfulness inspite of the "natural" and-- lying circumstances. Michael's name: HEBREW for "Who is like God."
SELAH.
Left by Anonymous on Jul 16, 2009 1:25 PM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

It's quite interesting how some Christians think that one must openly confess to the whole world that one accepts Jesus Christ as Lord in order to be accepted into the Kingdom of heaven. That sounds more like religious doctrine. Did that criminal who was on the cross next to Jesus have time to come down from there and declare to all that would hear that he had accepted Jesus? Did he have time to run around and witness? Did he have time to study the technicalities of being a Christian? No he didn't. All he said was 'Remember Me.' Jesus saw that his heart was genuine and at that moment, because of his sincerity, he was to have eternal life with Christ.

As said above. I felt a really strong conviction to pray for Michael Jackson. And I can tell you that those convictions don't come out of thin air. It was inspired by God and I know that in my heart. This has nothing to do with how talented Michael was. But it has everything to do with how God used him to touch the lives of millions.
Left by white dove on Jul 20, 2009 6:14 AM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

The above comment has also so confirmed the heart of the matter---religious doctrine vs GRACE and Truth! As a girl I sang a hymn and felt the anointing like a coat come down on me. I didn't know what that was!
And who says that "The whole world" has to hear your confession of faith to be validated by men as "saved"?
My personal confession of faith of Jesus as my 'Saviour', happened privately on my knees in my dorm room as a freshman years ago and I told NO one! FOUR years later, I needed to make Jesus 'Lord' of my life.Through the 7OO Club broadcast...I was 'saved... ongoing depression left... 2 weeks later I received the Baptisim of the HOLY Spirit in my living room watching the 700 Club--all BEFORE attending a church and announcing to my family members one by one at home about my salvation. :)
Left by Anonymous on Jul 21, 2009 4:03 PM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

This is my prayer! That somewhere between the meeting's with the Crouches and the day he died, he heard certain things the Crouches may have included within their prayers together and their conversations about Jesus and the Holy Ghost and was sparked to the heart with a new curiosity and that somewhere/ sometime during the night maybe Jesus met with him and he embraced him at last. The reports are numerous that God is this good and my hope is that truly Michael's childlike heart, however confused, was directed to Jesus before his day was up! x
Left by Leona Bundy on Jul 23, 2009 4:36 AM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

I know a man who didn't know god at all and had a cardiac and found himself at the gates of Hell. He questioned why he was there,he was basically a good person. Jeusus came and offered him the choice and he was brought back to life and goes all over the country telling everyone that hell is real. So I agree, no one knows what words MJ spoke to god. There are many songs MJ sings to God.
He was childlike, giving, pure-hearted and had gifts not of this world...he never spoke ill of anyone not even his accusers, how many of us, "christians" are like this? I believe his name, meaning "like GOd" is true to MJs nature and I believe God loved him even to the gates of hell if need be. I am also one of those people who had a strange burden to pray in the spirit for him years ago when his trail took place. I know it was God who called people to intercede for him. God loved him and saved him and we WILL see MJ again
Left by barbara on Jul 28, 2009 11:20 AM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

It always amazes me how people can "Christianize" soulish, sinful people. People look back to their soulish sinful past and try to "Christianize" the worldly music they listened to, the ungodly people they idolized (and isn't idolatry mentioned in the ten commandments?) Just because they thank God in their acceptance speech on awards night, or mention God in one of their songs, does not neccesarily prove they have a genuine relationship with Jesus Christ. If your child was one of the children Jackson molested, I am sure you would feel differently. I certainly hope he did give his heart to the Lord before his untimely death. Too bad he didn't have a chance to try to make restitution to the children whose lives he ruined.
Left by jeru2015 on Aug 13, 2009 2:02 AM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

I too was grieved and burdened about MJ's sleep I felt the Spirit's presence even as I continue to feel the presence of the Holy Spirit even as I write this confirmation of GOD'S forgiveness, mercy and grace, (which we all need)! I thought about sriptures like 1 Cor., gaining the world,the phedophile accusations,one needing being born again ie his unhappy childhood, giving of time, talent finances. Was it because he loved as best as he knew?I sought God In my spirit, gave the burden to Him that I could not handle. TWICE , TWICE God gave me a vision on two differen times of MJ in bed. Suddenly, there is a bright peaceful light, that made me feel at peace concerning MJ.God wiped his tears
Left by coree on Aug 20, 2009 12:06 AM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

I'm so glad to have found this site.My heart has been so heavy since Michael Jacksons death.There isn't any one in church,work,at home or any friends who share my burden for his soul.

With all his fame and riches,he was never really happy.A tormented soul is how I've heard him described as.God is a just God.

When I see him in the videos of his younger years,he's out there giving it his all.So full of life.Yet when the show was over he had to face his abusive father.

My heart aches for him still.He so wantd to be loved and accepted.

I'm not sure what to make of all the crazy rumors nor of his sometimes strange behavior throughout the years.I do know that it's not my place to judge others.

I too was happy to hear that he met with the Crouches and all that transpired in their last visit.Then was dissapointed after reading this article.

Hopefully he reieved Jesus as savior between his last visit with the crouches and the day he passed.

Left by Liz on Aug 22, 2009 1:18 AM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

Michael Jackson was a gift from God, a light of love, hope, and peace. I have studied his interviews, talked to fans, and read books on him and I do believe he was quite steadfast in his studies of Jesus. He never bowed to pressure from Jermaine to become muslim, IMO, and never from the Nation of Islam. He was raised strict Jehovah's Witness from his mother Katherine.

From what I know of him, I believe he felt God had placed him here for his music and I think he was finding his way in later years with his amazing message and songs.

I have also studied the accusations and believe them to be quite false and manipulating. People believe the lies because they think Michael was unusual.

He loved woman, but was a gentleman and certainly not a badboy or "playa". He was not gay or a pedophile, but sincerely loved children.

My hope is that he believed in Jesus and never gave up on that despite Satan's constant attacks on this character and by surrounding him.
Left by Shako on Aug 24, 2009 4:44 PM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

I just saw a 1991 video where Andrae Crouch talked about a musical session where he made altar call for salvation and Michael Jackson stepped forward with his hands raised. He said that at the end of it Jackson met him and told him it was phenomenal and even videotaped it. The youtube video of this interview with Andrae Crouch is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sz9w8pUrpM

Michael Jackson gave b/w $300-$500 million of his personal money to the poor, excluding the money he raised. He also had a hunger for spiritual things and I believe he found Jesus because there’s no way God who constantly searches the human heart would overlook his hungry heart and let him depart without someone giving him the answers he so desperately sought.

His brother Marlon denied his islam conversion saying he was a christian till death. An article on the internet says a large cross was sitting on his bedroom wall where he died. I pray the millions of his fans would realize he became a christian b4 he died.
Left by Chi on Oct 01, 2009 4:08 PM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

Rodney Jerkins said in this video that he, his dad and Chris Tucker met Michael Jackson and presented Christ to Him. I believe he may have received Christ into his heart that's why when the crouches approached him he was asking for prayer for the anointing of the Holy Spirit. The youtube video of Jerkins' interview about Jackson is:http://darkchild.com/dctv/video/my-thoughts-loss-mj
Left by Chi on Oct 01, 2009 4:43 PM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

I Thank God for this site. I was searching the Web Site on Michael Jackson and I found to commnents stating that Michael accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior and it referred to two different sites to check on. In my heart I felt that Michael was saved due to some of his video's and tapes on certain interviews. He had been asked what had kept him going and he stated his faith and his Bible. He further would stated God, Jesus and the Apostles and what Jesus had said about children, the hungry, poor, thirsty, prisons, the sick. I watched his memorial service and there was alot towards Gospel. Especially the closing with Pastor Lucious Smith. My heart I guess at times just wants to search. But I am at peace somewhat now. I know I need to work out my own salvation but, I guess with someone who was so loving and caring and compassionate as Michael was during his life here on earth I just wanted to know a true answer.
Left by unknown on Oct 10, 2009 6:06 PM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

I too have had been hurt by Michael's passing and I prayed for him through the years. I don't believe all the media said about him. I knew he would not be convicted for molestation, with all he had done for children and charities, it just did not fit his character. I heard the rumors that he met with Andre Crouch and gave his life to the Lord and found it it was not true, then I saw the videos about Rodney Jerkins (DarkChild), Chris Tucker witnessing to MJ. Also Andre Crouch, years ago witnessing to MJ and the you tube video about his confessing about believing in Jesus and they way he tried to pattern his life after Jesus. I am not judging where he is. I just thank God that I prayed and I continue to value witnessing even the more and intercession for others. I have asked God to heal my heart and allow me to stay focused.I saw THIS IS IT and I learned about his work ethic and am inspired to not hold back for the Lord. I will continue to pray for his family and seek the face of God.
Left by Na on Oct 30, 2009 2:31 PM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

I personally worked with Michael Jackson and Andrae and Sandra Crouch and I want all to know that the comments of Shako on August 24th are very accurate. Andrae had a high respect for Michael's up bringing and did not impose on Michael. Yes, they were very good friends. We did "Man In The Mirror" and Michael was very playful and appreciated Andrae very much. Michael had a strong spiritual side from his up bringing and had a love for Jesus. His death is a sad occurrance. However, his music will continue to bring the world together.
Left by Burt N. on Nov 01, 2009 1:28 AM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

If Andrae Crouch denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation, then he should have had the worst feeling in the whole wide world as a christian then. Imagine he had the chance to bring one of the most influential person in the world of music even till today, but he didn't. such a waste. I mean isn't wonderful if people know you as the person who led Michael Jackson to Christ. Think about that
Left by Cremet on Dec 02, 2009 8:55 PM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

I hope Michael Jackson got saved before he left here,but I feel like we need to do what the Word said in Acts 2;40-save your self.The Lord is soon to come and if you have not obeyed Acts 2;38-please do so while you have a chance.It says repent-be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of The HolyGhost.However I hope Michael made it-and I hope we all make it.
Left by Terrance Barringer on Dec 10, 2009 5:42 PM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

You see Michael ask, he sought, he knocked and he was prayed for. How much more do we need to know? He could have had "conversations" with God before he talked with Crouch and wanted more. I am very confident he is in heaven. I had many conversations with God before I returned to him and he used so many different ways to speak to me especially through music. I do not judge Michael, only God is judge. But I can recognize the clues when I read them.
Left by Diana on Jan 01, 2010 8:41 PM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

i do agree with Diana above. He spent countless hours reading, seeking and questioning about different faiths. He was not easily swayed re the basics of faith that he learned growing up. He was baptized when he was young. Things like Scientology didn't sway him at all-while married to Lisa Marie.
He had problems-we all know that-but molesting children was NOT one of them. I'm sure he spent many hrs praying while walking the floor at night alone due to insomnia. Our God is an awesome God. I honestly believe that know Michael as His child, and Michael knew his Jesus. Can I ask why Andrea and Sandra didn't pray the sinner's prayer with him one of those times they prayed with him? I'm not being critical of them-they have done so much in The Lord's service!
Left by Sharon on Jan 13, 2010 7:56 PM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

Ok, here's the deal. Just because these two people didn't pray for Michael's salvation, does NOT mean that he was never saved or had already prayed for his own salvation. I personally believe that we are already saved, and that the process of getting saved has nothing to do with God seeing us as saved or not, it is a purely Church rite.

Whether or not we go to heaven or hell when we die, what is the point of judgement day if when we die we go either one way or the other? Personally, I don't think that God would judge someone and send them to Hell just to take them back out again on judgement day and judge them for a second time. It would be pointless.

JMHO
Left by chicaner on May 14, 2010 11:54 PM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

Michael Jackson was a very kind,beautiful man!!!! he never hurt or harm anyone in his life. he loved God,Children and other people, it's sad that the media and the tabiolds made him out to be this horrble man. well its time for everybody to know the truth about MJ!!!!! and, stop believing in those ugly,evil rumors that the media said and writen about him for years.
Left by My Heart777 on Jun 16, 2010 1:42 AM

# RE: Andre Crouch Denies Michael Jackson Prayed for Salvation

It would be nice to believe that MJ is in heaven. But the Word is the Word. It never changes. If he didn't accept the Lord, by confessing Him as his personal Lord and Savior, then, No, he is not in Heaven with Jesus. Personally, when anyone dies, it makes me question whether I am in right standing with the Lord. Whenever someone that we love passes. It sould be sobering to us that are still alive and well. We should always be mindful of the fact that we could go at anytime. But are we ready to be with Him whenever He calls us home?
Left by Nesha Reed on Jun 23, 2010 3:57 PM